Do you think modern games are trying too hard to appear realistic?

Martin Berisford

Article Author
Trophies
Nowadays, it seems that most games are trying harder and harder to add some realism into the games they create. Be that through the storyline, the 'realism' of the graphics or trying to simulate human things like hunger and exhaustion (Like in RDR2). Do you think some companies are trying to hard to just 'fit' these into the narrative? For me, I'd wish that sometimes they'd just focus on actually creating a game as opposed to trying to lob in whatever they can. Like in RDR2 for example I would probably much rather be a maurading zombie cowboy as opposed to Arthur lol.

Anyway, what's your thoughts on this?

I think gaming industry is being taken over by the SJW. Almost every activism part is being added into it. And that is kind of like mistake they are doing. Because society does not like the SJW element in it in the name of justice and realism. Something like that needs to change.

RDR2 is probably the wrong example to use for this. It's always been like that, even in RDR1 and that's just part of the game. Personally, I don't really have a problem with any games trying to be "too realistic".

Having the feeling that it is something of a real life is what makes it interesting. I don't see anything wrong with that as I can't forget in a hurry the little experience that I had playing Final Fantasy IX. What really should be discussed is how good the graphics are when playing such games.

At times it seems that way or they are just trying to hard to make the games look good.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back