Digital games or physical copy?

I have seen that these days people prefer the DLC and the steam based games. In case of the android, there is pure android download option. So the amount of people in need of the boxed pack games is reducing. I don;t think I'd be buying the boxed game packs in near future. So do you purchase the box packed games these days. Or when was the last purchase for you to buy those games?

I'd never buy boxed pack games now .. you are right Steam game packs are more prefer on some players because it can't lose rather than boxes pack .. If the box is destroyed .. The game is destroy too. .

Let there be cloud gaming and more people moving towards the platforms like stadia. I am sure then the boxed pack games are going to disappear. That's something I have noticed so far.

I have noticed that people are buying less and less of such games. And it can get pretty difficult to see such games making any sense. I think boxed pack games have lost their demand as of now.

I don't care for digital copies that much. I like to have a physical box for my game. Plus, if I don't like it, I can always just return it or sell the game instead of being stuck with it.

I prefer physical copies honestly. Though if the digital only copies come with extra DLC, I will get the digital version. I like seeing my collection also it doesn't take as long to install physical games compared to digital ones since it just rips them from the disc.

I still have them - but I don't buy these type of amusements anymore! Why? Digital copies cannot be lost or damaged unlike boxed computer games.

Steam all the way for me.

For me - and I suppose others nowadays - I'm downloading more and more of my games versus actually going and getting the physical copies of them from the store/Amazon. As a consequence, that means I get less and less of all the fun 'physical' manuals, posters, little additional things that you sometimes get inside game cases. For me, I've kept all of my posters from various games (even if they are just game maps) because they are just a great little memory and now that I think about it, I'm starting to miss things like that.

What about you? Are you a convert to the digital age and have no need for such a prehistoric piece of paper or do you miss the feel of the manuals, posters etc. when getting a new game out of the box?

I remember the time when there were some games where they explained how to play. And how to change the options in the game. But those days of paper manuals are gone now. It's more of interactive stuff now and also the youtube specific work from here onwards. That's what I have learned from experience.

I'm still getting physical games, to be fair. It's a real shame that developers don't put as much into their game boxes because I used to love reading the manuals and little books. I'm glad that Rockstar still puts the game maps in the boxes

these days nobody loves books ... as long as Google exists... so manual is cool for now

Yep, loved reading them on the way home from picking up a game or glancing at them as the game loads up. It sucks they are no longer made, but what can you do?

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back