Do you prefer to play games with home theatre or headphones?

Martin Berisford

Article Author
Trophies
When you’re gaming on your PC we of course need a nice dose of sound going on. Whether that’s adding atmosphere to the game through spooky soundtracks or it’s a necessary sound like hearing footsteps when you’re playing PUBG or CS:GO for example. When you’re playing, are you a person who likes to have a pair of headphones to hand or do you employ the services of some speakers instead?

Myself, I have a pair of Razer Kraken Pro 7.1 and a 5.1 Logitech Speaker System so I tend to swap between the two depending on what I’m doing.

If the choice was up to you, how do you prefer to play games?
Do you rather using your headphones or do you think home theater works best to immerse you into the games?

Every game you happen to play will either have natural sound effects, music whilst you play or players chatting to you. My question today is how do you listen to the audio when you game? Soundbar? Speaker system, Headphones, Ear Phones or Home Cinema System? Please give a reason for your choice too!

I always have been using headphones for gaming. Well, I had speakers before a really long time ago. Using headphones is important for me because I play a lot of shooting games like CS:GO and it's important for me to know where exactly the enemy is. Also, the audio is better when you use headphones than speakers. And when you listen to music you don't disturb other people.

I usually just use my speakers, but I when I want to really immerse myself in a game I use my headphones.

These days I make use of the headphones the most. I avoid the speakers and the sounbars. The reason being I prefer to keep the laptop as more of personal property instead. That way I can have more control over the sound I am consuming. That's something I have learned so far from my experience.

These days I make use of the headphones the most. I avoid the speakers and the sounbars. The reason being I prefer to keep the laptop as more of personal property instead. That way I can have more control over the sound I am consuming. That's something I have learned so far from my experience.

I think speaker was my thing back when I wanted to openly play the games with all sounds and other similar experience. But these days I prefer to listen to things on my own personally. Be it TV or even the netflix or games. I prefer to have the headphones on. And this way I can listen to many things without much of an interruption.

I think speaker was my thing back when I wanted to openly play the games with all sounds and other similar experience. But these days I prefer to listen to things on my own personally. Be it TV or even the netflix or games. I prefer to have the headphones on. And this way I can listen to many things without much of an interruption.

Yeah no I can totally get down with that - I usually play on my PC whilst my fiance watches whatever she wants on the main TV and obviously having footsteps and gunshots blasting out a speaker probably wouldn't do wonders for our relationship haha. At least with my headphones I'm able to just do what I want and listen to what I want in 'my own space' so to speak.

My current favorite is seinheisser MX series. They seem to have quality old fashioned headphones which are good for on ear headphones. Unfortunately it does not have the MIC. It is not cheap though but for the price paid, I think it's reasonable and also the quality of the brand is obviously lot better overall.

Haha, I don't really have home theather. Years ago I used to have a set of speakers for the computer that I ended up using on the television. It worked alright but all the cables were kind of a pain, so I am hoping I can get something wireless or Bluetooth if I ever have money I can put towards getting a set like that. I doubt I'm getting one any time soon.

That being said, I really like having a good set of headphones, those that completely cover your ears and have noise cancelling. If they are light enough and comfortable then I don't think I'll be missing the speakers that much.

I am more of headphones users. I have mostly preferred the skullcandy and the seinheisser. Both of those brands for the headphone and the sound system it seems to be good.

Headphones for sure for me, especially in games where a little bit more concentration is involved like in PUBG or L4D2. At the moment, I've got a TV plugged into my computer so when I just want to play something laid back or less intensive, I just route the sound through there and it's sort of like a mini-home theatre I suppose. My trusty Turtlebeach's do the job for me anyway in most circumstances.

I'm not really a headphones person, I rather have the sound vibrating through my room and look forward to the day I can do that.

I am guessing unless you see some really good theater system at cheaper cost, headphones still rule in gaming.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back