Do you prefer to play AAA or Indie games?

Martin Berisford

Article Author
Trophies
Which ones do you prefer and why? Do you like the games that are made by the big boy developlers like EA and Rockstar or do you prefer to keep it down to Earth and help out the little guys with their indie games? Are you a mix of both perhaps?

For me, I'm more leaning towards Triple A most of the time, just gets more of my interest versus the indie games that I have played and the ones that are out there.

I think indie developers need to be supported. Because they bring a lot of things on the table and they continue to make the gaming better experience for the other people. So I'd say that better to go for the indie game and AAA game only to keep around the changes in the history.

I definitely prefer triple A titles though I will say there's been a lot of nice indie games releasing for the switch. Some of which are Dead Cells and Moonlighter. Some great titles you should check out if you have a switch.

Both have strong and weak points, but normally indie games have more experimental mechanics and more original gameplay. Also, indies tend to be shorter so you can finish the game relatively fast and start another one, so you don't have to grind for hours to end the game. So summing up we prefer indie over AAA.

Indie. Because they're made by a small team, they're more receptive to feedback and suggestions. Plus, many indie games these days now have lots of effort being put into them.

I think indie games have better future. Because people are tired of the bethesda, blizzard and activision doing wrong things with the microtransactions. And worst is the EA Sports. So I think we should fund more indie games.

I don't care so long as the game is fun to play with little frustrations of modern bugs to be expected of games.

Triple A because alot of indie games are poorly developed and or poorly designed.
Not necessary though. I know a lot of them being developed with Unity and Unreal engine. And they tend to only get poor performance due to lack of marketing.

Hahaha. I find it kind of funny, I was going to say something similar about AAA games. I find that nowadays big companies are going by the formulaic sure thing and rather than taking risks, most of the changes seem to be about how to milk a franchise and have people pay more all the while it is being sold as choices.

Take Assasin's Creed and Skyrim for example. Skyrim has game-breaking bugs that can cost you the whole file if an important story mission item goes missing. Assassin's Creed Unity was horrible on launch day and the first patch was to enable the virtual shop of the game. I honestly feel like I have seen more times the big companies shrug it when it comes to fixing bugs than the small ones. There's Morphey's Law, for example, they have discord and did a massive work to address things from the feedback.

Of course, in general when it comes to developing games, it is a mixed bag. There are big companies that care more than others and there are indy companies that are there to make a quick buck without much regard for quality or fanbase loyalty.

I guess for me I like to dwell on both sides, there are franchises from the big companies that have been around and I want to try out, and there are also some interesting indie games that I have had pleasant surprises. I agree it is good to give support to the smaller companies for taking risks and doing things with quality. I think creativity is something that needs to remain as part of the process and actual passion.

Last edited:
Assassin's Creed Unity was horrible on launch day and the first patch was to enable the virtual shop of the game. I honestly feel like I have seen more times the big companies shrug it when it comes to fixing bugs than the small ones. There's Morphey's Law, for example, they have discord and did a massive work to address things from the feedback.
Some reasonable criticism there. I think in order to fix things they ended up increasing the size of the overall game install. So yeah the AAA game may sound good on paper but has their own set of the quirks.

Is that so? still.
Those days of indie being bad graphics and bad games are gone. Now there are gaming engines which are at the cheap cost. So the competition with the big mainstream studio is about the content and overall marketing of the game only.

indie, especially mobile are more approachable. take a look at black desert pc and black desert mobile and tell me which 1 you prefer. to me it's obvious to along with black desert mobile

indie, especially mobile are more approachable. take a look at black desert pc and black desert mobile and tell me which 1 you prefer. to me it's obvious to along with black desert mobile
True. In fact if you check RPGs like el chronicle and kings raid ,you would find the independent studios doing a lot of interesting things. I am kind of finding such games really useful as far as the RPG genre is concerned on android from thee indie makers.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back