Do you prefer Intel or AMD processor?

leadtech

Trophies
When it comes to processor which do you prefer to use Intel or AMD ?
I'm using Intel right now but i'm thinking to switch up to Ryzen which is more cheaper that the intel.

From the current performance I think Intel is going to take over. Ever since they got the Apple deal. I think they are doing lot better in terms of the revenue. And they continue to gain more foorprint over the AMD. I am not saying AMD is going to die just like that. I do think that in near future AMD has to get new leads.

I'm team blue all the way! Intel's extra cost is always worth it for me. Yes, AMD's on-board graphics may be better than Intel, but when gaming, who uses on-board graphics anyway?

The thing is that these days AMD is gaining more weight with NVIDIA being their company. And Intel requires other companies graphics cards any way. So they are in demand on that front. I agree that performance wise Intel seems to be doing good and that will remain for some years.

I had a bad experience with AMD, ain't returning there. Intel all the way.

I've run AMD since early 2006. Still do today! They are cheaper, and compete quite well with speed/performance.

I had a bad experience with AMD, ain't returning there. Intel all the way.
You had bad experience with AMD for gaming? What type of experience you had in past? I mean what made you want to quit the AMD. Considering most of the modern gaming cheaps are from AMD.

AMD Ryzen is definitely offering more value for your money although they offer less performance per core but they are better in multitasking. So, I like AMD more than Intel because of the value but if I had no budget I would go with Intel for a gaming PC as currently video games don't use all the cores.

I want an AMD FX9000 series but I hear they need liquid cooling. lol

Some of the time such debates go out of hand. None of us get paid for praising one company over other. We are just trying to justify the purchase we made with one and we don't want to look odd in that case. So we tend to praise one over the other. I'd say that Intel or AMD does not matter as long as we play the game.

I want an AMD FX9000 series but I hear they need liquid cooling. lol
The AMD FX series is very outdated and not enough powerful nowadays. It gets beaten even by the 2C/4T Pentiums. They are running hot but they don't need a liquid cooling. Instead, I would recommend to have a look at AMD Ryzen which is a complete new start for the company. The price/performance ratio is out of this planet.

For gaming the AMD is not that bad. And in fact it can be a good source for the processor and the card. I guess there seems to be many options when it comes to the processors. I can tell you that when you are gaming, make sure to read the reviews of those who are having similar config as yours and ask them for the guidance.

The AMD FX series is very outdated and not enough powerful nowadays. It gets beaten even by the 2C/4T Pentiums. They are running hot but they don't need a liquid cooling. Instead, I would recommend to have a look at AMD Ryzen which is a complete new start for the company. The price/performance ratio is out of this planet.
Doesn't the Ryzen use a new type of slot? AM4? I just bought a new motherboard and had to get an AM3+ slot one since I use an FX8150. It still seems plenty powerful for my uses. I just bought COD Black Ops 4, and it runs on max graphics. :D

AMD is good from what I hear if you're willing to pay for the higher advance version of it, but Intel, despite recent security issues, is still the better CPU to go with.

To be honest this is never ending battle. And each year something new comes up and the battle keeps going on. And I dont think that it is going to end ever on that note. I know that soon if the apple becomes a good gaming platform then chances are that it may have even more battle on the processors.

Apart from when at work always use Intel, laptops we use at work are all AMD.

AMD is good from what I hear if you're willing to pay for the higher advance version of it, but Intel, despite recent security issues, is still the better CPU to go with.
I chose AMD because I wanted something faster than my Pentium IV. I tried an AMD processor and was very impressed. Never looked back.

Neutral. I would say it doesn't matter whether we use Intel or AMD as long as we're playing a game. It's a never ending forum debate - neither will win.

hehe Good point. But I still think AMD is better. :ROFLMAO:

I think to be honest, it should not matter. As long as our purpose is served. I think competition forces both companies to innovate. And that's a good thing.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back