Do you prefer first person or third person video games?

Gopnik

Trophies
Whenever you play a video game and it allows to switch between first person and third person, which one do you prefer to use more? Or you just like them both equally and switch through time randomly? But if not, what are the reasons to prefer this one rather the other one?

I can give an example with Grand Theft Auto V. It's easier for me to play in third person mode because it makes the shooting easier - the aim is much better. I can also drive a car, jet, helicopter or whatever the vehicle be easier in third person. Somehow, I don't feel the need to change to first person mode in that game.

I really am a fan of third-person mode but recently I've been swapping more towards first-person, especially when I'm playing PUBG on PC. I would say I like them both equally but first-person is just edging it for me at the moment. In PUBG especially third-person seems to give you some extra advantage to lurch around windows and see outside without actually exposing your character. Seems a bit unfair to me. At least when I play first-person it's a bit more of a challenge or a battle to kill someone.

I much rather have first person, gives me a better look at what I need to gun down or see my objective :p

3rd person I think largely depends on who made the game. But most of the time I think 1st person is lot better. Because you have plenty of options. And also you can get a lot of experience which can be used in other games too. So that's one reason i'd choose FPS.

Whenever you play a video game and it allows to switch between first person and third person, which one do you prefer to use more? Or you just like them both equally and switch through time randomly? But if not, what are the reasons to prefer this one rather the other one?

I can give an example with Grand Theft Auto V. It's easier for me to play in third person mode because it makes the shooting easier - the aim is much better. I can also drive a car, jet, helicopter or whatever the vehicle be easier in third person. Somehow, I don't feel the need to change to first person mode in that game.
i prefer 3rd person

You can see already that 3rd person view games are for open world games and 1st person are for shooter or games that are a bit tight. In my opinion, 3rd person is better because it just makes you interact with the character more and makes you feel involved.

I prefer 1st person because it feels more real to me :D i am okay with third person too

You can see already that 3rd person view games are for open world games and 1st person are for shooter or games that are a bit tight. In my opinion, 3rd person is better because it just makes you interact with the character more and makes you feel involved.
Some games you may find the people in 3rd person pretty engaging. Also the RPG seems to be in such context is pretty much out there. I play this RPG game named EL Chronicle that has such angle.

I prefer third-person games because I'm a filthy casual and like to be able to pre-aim most of my skills. In all seriousness, though, the aesthetic of third person games pleases me more. It also seems that first person shooters in particular are more about being able to pull off ungodly shots as fast as humanly possible.

I don't have any real general preference when it comes to first-person, third-person, or anything in between. It really comes down to the game I'm playing and what the developers felt was appropriate for the adventure.

I prefer first person but also enjoy third-person for moments like looking at the scenic views in games! Like GTA, Wildlands etc

I tend to much prefer third person point of view in games. It helps me connect with the characters and enjoy the story without connecting to the story as if it were myself, which isn't always the most comfortable thing for me.

Love both, but all my favorite games are third person. Zelda, Shadow of the Colossus, Journey, Last of Us! But like first is better for horror I think.

Thats a tough one. I love games like Half Life, Doom and Goldeneye. I also love games like Resident Evil 4, Phantasy Star Online, and Gears of War. I would probably go with first person as it hits closer to home.

I much prefer 3rd person games. I am generally horibble at 1st person games like COD and I don't really know why. I am not all that great at shooters either way but do better in 3rd. Maybe its an age thing, I don't recall many 1st person shooters on Atari or 8 bit Nintendo. Now if were are talking about 1st person VR.....that the shiz niz there.

Third person game certainly do have their benefits. Traditionally seeing the character you control and any enemies trying to blind side you is great.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back