Do you play video games for fun or for glory?

Kaynil

Newcomer
Trophies
Hey guys, so I was talking about the Smash #DS with someone and remembering that separation, which I thought was pretty good at the time. You see, it turns out I am not incentivized for being the very best at everything and when there are other people involved I am more geared towards cooperation and competition. of course that is not always possible and this doesn't mean I will not try to win or repeat a level to get the best score I can if I care about a particular game. I am easy to adapt so I can for example goof around ins Smash and Splatoon 2 or get more serious according to how the rest is playing but I just don't enjoy humiliating a foe.

I was wondering what is the playstyle you lean to, are you a very competitive kind of player, always looking to rise to the top? Or are you someone who is more into spending time with other people and have a good time together?

It has to be both fun and the glory some of the times. Depends on the game. Some games I feel better with the pride and glory like those MOBA games. And also some of the times fun with battle royale. It kind of feels fun playing with those.

Both, I guess.

I love compelling stories. Some could argue that's not important to the game, but it is if you want a story done right. ;)

Always for fun, maybe a certain game I'll go out for the best and all the trophies but I play for the story/experience.

Hey guys, so I was talking about the Smash #DS with someone and remembering that separation, which I thought was pretty good at the time. You see, it turns out I am not incentivized for being the very best at everything and when there are other people involved I am more geared towards cooperation and competition. of course that is not always possible and this doesn't mean I will not try to win or repeat a level to get the best score I can if I care about a particular game. I am easy to adapt so I can for example goof around ins Smash and Splatoon 2 or get more serious according to how the rest is playing but I just don't enjoy humiliating a foe.

I was wondering what is the playstyle you lean to, are you a very competitive kind of player, always looking to rise to the top? Or are you someone who is more into spending time with other people and have a good time together?

It's mostly for the entertainment it offers. I wouldn't mind losing in games, but it's just enjoyable to play afterall.

Both :D you can have fun while making your way to glory one day

It really depends. GTA is the only game I will play for glory. Me and my fiancé both have an xBox and we'll play against each other and see who can kill each other first...the one with the most kills buys dinner, it's quite nice because I love free food. Otherwise, I play for fun, I believe that's the whole point of games now a days. Minecraft, while it's fun, I can't see anyone playing that for glory. :p

Single player games for Fun , Online games for glory
What about single player games which are online? I mean a lot of FPS games are single player and also online. Like say shadowgun legends type?

I used to have delusions about getting good at games to the point where I could compete. This was back when I was a teenager and in my early 20s. Now I play games for fun, and I'm much happier. My skill has declined, but I've figured out how to have more fun playing games.

I play them for both to some degree, but primarily for fun. I try not to do anything that will stress me out when I can help it, and doing it for glory would overall be a stresser for me. I've been playing video games as a coping mechanism for a long time, so for fun and for glory both fit- it's fun, and it helps me hold my head high instead of curling up in fetal position when in a bad place.

I play games for fun, but I like to 100% complete them and you can call this glory, but again I play games mostly for fun. In some shooters I even friendly fire my team (sniper of course) just to get some fun :D

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back