Do you listen to music while playing games?

Heatman

Trophies
Whether it's the in game theme music or an external music playing in the room background where you are playing your game, these songs helps gamers to sync up with the game which they are playing fully.

Do you enjoy listening to music when playing games?

I enjoy listening to music in whatever I do except of course if it's watching movies or TV. So, yes, I love it when I hear songs playing in the background whenever I'm playing a game. It relaxes me in a way.

Depends on what game it is, honestly. When I play a MOBA or an RTS I don't listen to music. But when I grind in some MMORPG (like RaiderZ) then I turn on music, because grinding can be way too monotonous.

Sometimes and it depends upon the type of game you played. But sometimes its more relaxing when you are playing a game at the same time listening to a music. But there are others who just want to hear the sound of the game they are playing with so that they will not be interrupted.

Whether it's the in game theme music or an external music playing in the room background where you are playing your game, these songs helps gamers to sync up with the game which they are playing fully.

Do you enjoy listening to music when playing games?
I don't listen to other music when playing games. My games already has music or sounds. Its already enough for me.

Actually I'm a more single moded or single tasked person, any music which I could hear either externally or on the game itself I would go to the settings and turn the background music off. It drifts me out of focus when I hear some music because I intend to listen now to the music instead of focusing on the game.

I do but it actually depends on the game I'm playing. If the music helps me finish the game, I normally let it play in the background. If I'm playing a strategic game, I turn on the SFX and and turn off the background music. However, whenever I play combat games like Tekken and Street Fighter, I turn off both the SFX and BG music then I allow my spotify playlist to play in the background. The games that are repetitive warrants me to listen to the songs that I like for it to be bearable to play for a long period of time.

I am not listening to music while I am playing games because I like to talk to my friends while I am playing games online but I do listen to music while I complete my tasks on my PC.

I think that most of the time I am listening to the soundtrack of the games that I am playing because it adds the feeling of excitement and fun whenever I am hearing its music effects. It really boost my interest to play a certain games for a longer period of time since I feel bored whenever I can't hear any soundtrack and I feel a kind of boredom that is why soundtrack is very important for me.

I don't listen to other music when playing games. My games already has music or sounds. Its already enough for me.

That's nice. Some gamers are like that. They don't entertain other kind of music when they are playing games.

If I need to relax for a while, the best thing I do is to listen to music. But listening while playing, my concentration gets destructed. Better playing alone to be focus.

I cannot concentrate much when I play and there is music. So, what I do is, if I want to relax or sleep first I turn on the music and lay in bed. Then if I feel like I am relaxed enough, I turn off the music and then turn on my computer and play whatever game I am currently addicted to. That's just how I trained my brain to play and relax.

For me listening to music while playing is very relaxing, but its an individual preference tho.

Nope. Most of the time, games have their own background music or ambient sounds. I find that listening to other songs tend to distract me from the experience and affects the immersive quality of the games. Plus, you could miss audio cues that might have been important to the story.

Last edited:
Personally, it depends on the game that I'm playing. If its something atmospheric like Skyrim where interactions and dialogue are important to the flow of the game, or something where audio is important like an FPs or MOBA, then no. But if its a strategy game like Rome, Civilization, then yes I listen to music.

As much as I love listening to music at all times, I don't really listen to it when I'm playing. It drifts me out of focus, and I want to fully experience the whole thing. Some games have really wonderful soundtracks too so why would I want to listen to something else?
I have to say, though, that if I'm going through a game all over again for like a 3rd time and I already know the dialogs and the music by heart, I might turn it off and listen to something else.

Yes, most of the times i do listen to music while i am playing games. However i prefer to listen to the music at a low volume while i play because i get easily distracted by loud music. I beleive that loud music can disturb your rhythm of playing games. One has to concentrate completely while playing games to be able to master the game.

Nope. Most of the time, games have their own background music or ambient sounds. I find that listening to other songs tend to distract me from the experience and affects the immersive quality of the games. Plus, you could miss audio cues that might have been important to the story.
That is right. That is what I am trying to say too. There is already a background music or ambient sound in games.

Depends on what game it is, honestly. When I play a MOBA or an RTS I don't listen to music. But when I grind in some MMORPG (like RaiderZ) then I turn on music, because grinding can be way too monotonous.
That is right. It also depends on the game that you are playing. If there is already a background music, I think there is no more need to have another music to be listened to.

As much as I love listening to music at all times, I don't really listen to it when I'm playing. It drifts me out of focus, and I want to fully experience the whole thing. Some games have really wonderful soundtracks too so why would I want to listen to something else?
I have to say, though, that if I'm going through a game all over again for like a 3rd time and I already know the dialogs and the music by heart, I might turn it off and listen to something else.
Nice answer. Playing games and listening to music may or may not help. I prefer not to listen to music while playing games so that I will drift out of focus.

I love music almost all of the time but there's an exception if I am studying and playing some games like the mobile legend. I prepare to play mobile games with its own Sounds for me to here clearly the commands, warning that was given to me of my team.

It depends on the game. But it really is relaxing and can push your adrenaline with some beats while your beating the enemy. Most games have amazing BGM and I don't want to miss that by muting the game.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back