Do you like games with dark atmospheres?

Jayson

Trophies
Well, I was reading on this other forum - and someone commented that some games can't pull it off. Well, do you all know any that would fit that description? Also, do you like dark atmospheres for games? Do you like them all the time? Myself, I could really care less, but the topic is interesting.

O.K., I'm mostly used to certain dark levels on Mario and Donkey Kong - and, well, those are always a nice break from the norm. For instance, Super Mario Galaxy had a spooky Halloween type world and Donkey Kong Country had this one where you fly in a cave.

Last edited:
For me, what matters is being able to enjoy the games that I play. That is the reason I don't always feel that good when some gamers try to say these dark sides are not pretty cool.

It depends on preference, but I always focus on having the fun that really matters to me.

I really can't think of a game that pulled off a dark world badly. What were some games mentioned?

I don't know if others consider it, but GTA IV felt a lot darker than some of the other GTA titles. My personal favourite and I'm hoping 6 goes for something similar.

I don't know if others consider it, but GTA IV felt a lot darker than some of the other GTA titles. My personal favourite and I'm hoping 6 goes for something similar.
I played that briefly but didn't get very far. I also never finished San Andreas. My g/f and I would take turns on the missions and never could beat the airplane one. Stupid mission. lol

Alan Wake has pretty damn good atmosphere, its a game heavily influenced by Stephen King and Twin Peaks. Very good story and soundtrack, I think it runs for $20 on steam.

I played that briefly but didn't get very far. I also never finished San Andreas. My g/f and I would take turns on the missions and never could beat the airplane one. Stupid mission. lol
I never played San Andreas properly either. It's the only 3D GTA that I haven't finished. I was quite late to it and never enjoyed playing it on the PS4

Heck yes!
there's plenty of them tbh. Hmmm, where do I begin... Ico? Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne? Shadow of the Colossus? there's too many

I never played San Andreas properly either. It's the only 3D GTA that I haven't finished. I was quite late to it and never enjoyed playing it on the PS4
We had fun editing vehicle stats. I made the super bike go like 500 mph and we'd look for jumps. hehehehe

I think I brought this up before, but I think The Evil Within (1 and 2) and Days Gone are underrated. They have the most amazing graphics and they are long games as well. I didn't think the graphics in the Resident Evil 2 "remake" were that amazing. Why can't you shoot zombies through glass? Not only that, it's a 2 hour game. Resident Evil 3 is worse. Don't even think the remake of Resident Evil 4 will be any good... :(

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back