Do you ever read the terms and conditions of a game?

Gopnik

Trophies
Whenever you install a new video game and you come up to the point where it requires you to read the long terms and conditions or eula do you actually take your time to go through all that text? What are the reasons for it?

To be honest I never read that type of stuff. I don't feel like wasting God knows how much time on reading a long text wall. I just want to get to the part where the gaming starts and have some fun! However, there might be someone who really reads that thing.

Nope. It would take me hours on end to read through all of the T&Cs. Most of the time it's standard and there's nothing to worry about in the terms and conditions.

Morally speaking though, "you should read before you sign"

Morally speaking though, "you should read before you sign"
That reminds me of a situation of mine when I was playing GTA V Online once and there were some people with mod menus and others griefing. I went to report them but when I pressed the send button there was a window making me to confirm that the reports were honest and if I was just spamming falsely reports my account was likely to be terminated. That one I actually read as it was 2-3 lines of text.

That reminds me of a situation of mine when I was playing GTA V Online once and there were some people with mod menus and others griefing. I went to report them but when I pressed the send button there was a window making me to confirm that the reports were honest and if I was just spamming falsely reports my account was likely to be terminated. That one I actually read as it was 2-3 lines of text.

Most of the T&Cs we agree to, just require common sense and knowing the difference between right and wrong. Terms and conditions which will only take a few minutes to skim through are fine as you won't have to spend hours of your time reading.

Good for you reporting cheaters/ and or hackers. Makes the game better for everybody else.

Last edited:
I usually just click on Agree and move on. I know that some games have lot of clause hidden in some text and we may end up getting ban for doing some things on the live gaming. So reading that sort of data matters for sure.

Nope. As with most websites, you just blindly spam the Agree button and move on LOL

hell no, some of these games takes a full minute to scroll through them, read it all? I be there for an hour.

I generally hop on games when I have a bit of spare time, the last thing I have time to do is sit there ready and taking notes like some bigshot lawyer on what the terms and conditions say. The only ones I've read are the same as Gopnik, the short ones that come up when reporting people telling you if you're just being a noob you'll get yourself banned, and rightfully so. If all T&C's were like that, I'd read it but as they are now? Hell no, it's gaming time.

I don't really bother to read it unless I am interested to know the answer to a specific question that I have in mind, then I would read that particular part but I generally follow the rules anyway.

I have recently noticed that those who do microtransactions should really read the TOS. The reason being if you make accidental purchase. Then in such case reading TOS would be good. Often some TOS say you can't have refund or exchanges.

Honestly I never read them. I just like diving into a game. I know better not to make copies or break any rules if there's online gameplay involved.

I think with more and more people tend to be going online with the cloud games. I think TOS needs to be read now more than ever. Because we can't blame the company later on for their actions. So it's better to have this practice of reading TOS.

Those people trying to make copies of the games should read the conditions. The reason being that they would know what they're up against. I mean, I have this friend who was actually sued by Hollywood for illegal downloads! Well, actually it was only a threat - but I'm sure he was shocked!

Be it games or software, I have seen people keep on clicking next without reading the license and the terms of condition. We can see that by not reading about it, we agree that we don't own the game but more or less rent it. So it's kind of bad in such context.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back