Do you envisage Nintendo games being open source?

Barida

Trophies
Nowadays, we've seen some games being open source, I mean allowing gamers to make adjustments to graphics and add a few things that they like to the game. Do you think Nintendo will allow such for their games?

I think not every game company needs to be open sourced. Those with the better game engines and the game characters can be a good option for the open source.

I think not every game company needs to be open sourced. Those with the better game engines and the game characters can be a good option for the open source.

I agree with you, but the temptation of gamers trying to build the graphics as they want is increasing on a daily basis and for that reason, I feel that Nintendo should consider following this awesome trend anyways.

I think the big gaming studios wants to retain control over their content and code. So that they can charge as they please and keep the people on job. If they become open source, many people will lose the job because nintendo or any gaming studio can have their own for free or open source with content.

noooope, their lawyers have an iron grip on their IP and they are not letting go anytime soon.

I think the big gaming studios wants to retain control over their content and code. So that they can charge as they please and keep the people on job. If they become open source, many people will lose the job because nintendo or any gaming studio can have their own for free or open source with content.

It is definitely not going to be easy making it open source, but as we can see, this is what is happening in some games especially when we play offline. You've made a point that they should definitely have a look at and decide not to make it open source.

I think exclusive games would not be open source. And also the graphics is less likely to be open source. But the code can be open sourced where people can choose their own graphics but have different character and graphics.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back