Question Do you continue to play even after all objectives are complete?

Lord Saru

Newcomer
Trophies
Do you continue to play games as a sandbox game even after you finish all the objectives of the game?

I was introduced to post game plays only after I completed all the objectives in my Pokemon Emerald game. After finishing the game, you still have the choice of exploring it to complete your pokedex.

What do you do? Do you loose interest or do you make up an excuse to do post game plays?

It depends on the game, for me. A lot of the times when the game is done, I'm done, so there's not a lot to draw me back to it unless I want to play through it again; however, sometimes games will pull me back in to the aftergame, and Pokemon is a good example of that. They try to add in events after you've technically finished the game to keep you playing, but the main factor is and always will be completing the Dex.

Nah. If the game is good enough, I'll just start it from the top/new game plus. I wouldn't count a pokemon game as "finished" if there's still gaps in the dex tho

It depends on the game like the users above me mentioned. For games like Grand Theft Auto, it is very easy to keep playing the game once you finish as there is a lot to do still

It really depends on the game and what you think a sandbox game is. Games like RUST that are 100% online, have no quests what-so-ever but the whole point of it is to gather, craft, survive, and kill your neighbors and steal their stuff. The game usually has anywhere between 100-300 people per server so there's tonnes of replay value and you kind of make up your own adventure. i've got over 3k hours on that thing so i'd know haha... But games like Assassins Creed, GTA, Warcraft or Division 2...AAA games that are focused more on telling a story; once i'm done with the main quests then that's pretty much it for the game cause they don't have much replay value outside of the main story lines and side quests...a lot of those games fall flat when it comes to the online game play

Do you continue to play games as a sandbox game even after you finish all the objectives of the game?
I play multiplayer mode if those games have any. Most of the times the trail based games don't have the multiplayer and most likely they get the DLC for the new content. But if they have multiplayer mode or some sort of arena or battle royale system I make sure to play that if possible.

Yes. Sometimes, when a game's story has concluded (like in Assassin's Creed: Black Flag), I'll play the game out to 100% completion. I don't really know why I keep chasing the 100% completion mark, but I do.

If it's a pure sandbox game, battle royale, or a multiplayer game, sometimes I keep on playing after the story ends, and sometimes I leave it there.

Depends on the game.

I finished Final Fantasy 7 remake ages ago.

BUT THE COMBAT IS SOOOO GOOD I CANT PUT IT DOWN.

And it has the BEST Boss Battles ever in a video game in my opinion soooooo, I keep coming back. again and again.

Currently trying to beat All bosses on Hard without using any summons/limits while taking little to no damage.

Its tough!!!!

Breath of the Wild is the type of game I like to play even after completing all objectives.

I have :) I might even keep on redoing the story and whatnot again if the game allows me to. If you enjoy it that much then you can. Not stopping anyone keep on playing the same missions.

Halo the first game, I have done that over five times and still like it.

I might even keep on redoing the story and whatnot again if the game allows me to.
Age of Empires 1 and Age of Empires 2 are like that. Redoing the story and completing all the campaigns is definitely fun. And something we all love to do. But it depends on person. some like FPS type games and they tend to play those games and find fun in redoing stories.

The only time I’d do this is if chasing achievements on Steam. Sometimes you need to play on for completions sake.

Age of Empires 1 and Age of Empires 2 are like that. Redoing the story and completing all the campaigns is definitely fun. And something we all love to do. But it depends on person. some like FPS type games and they tend to play those games and find fun in redoing stories.
AGe of empire's is one of those games that you can do over again but differently

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back