Do you avoid playing games from certain video game companies?

Martin Berisford

Article Author
Trophies
With so many studios all over the place having differing reputations for certain games, do you even care where your games come from nowadays as long as they get finished as intended? With EA for example, I'm sure we've all in some form seen the backlash they had and the bad reputation they seem to carry with them. Would that sort of thing put you off buying a game from EA, or indeed any other company?

For me, I've got no qualms over who made the actual game as long as I think I'll enjoy the game. It's just a game afterall for me. I'm not interested in studio politics.

I try to avoid those who are more into SJW stuff like blizzard and EA games. I avoid those brands who have some sort of agenda. I don't like to have such games around who have some brainwashing agenda going on. Rest I don't usually care about brands.

I don't look for companies to avoid necessarily because they all usually do a good job (except for treyarch, for some reason I can't stand them). But for the most part I look for companies that I would want to buy a game from such as DICE for battlefield V which is a fantastic game in my opinion or any type of Activision game that isn't ran by Treyarch is usually good on multiplayer. Bungie is a good company to buy games from as they used to own the Halo franchise and have now moved to Destiny. Other good companies are 343 industries who now owns Halo. Anyway it usually gives me a reason to buy their games.

I think it does matter because some games are developed by SJW supportive companies. And they tend to make decisions that go against the wishes of the gamers. So it's always better to consider that someone is playing a good game that is not politically or socially motivated to brainwash.

No. I'm not specifically looking for companies to avoid because they all do a good job. It doesn't matter aslong as I enjoy the video game.

No. I'm not specifically looking for companies to avoid because they all do a good job. It doesn't matter aslong as I enjoy the video game.

Sadly EA is not a good company, they rather have a game out on time unfinished than delayed and to be finished.

I do care about companies, granted most are good but some are bad and some are starting to fail of late.

I think to some extent some game developers are worth following. But overall I don't think so who makes the game. But some of the times the developer of the games often matter because what they release sticks in the game industry.

I don't mind who the developers or the publishers are as long as the game is good. There is a truck driving simulator coming to console very soon and I've never heard of the developer before. They've made some good games though so I trust that they will do a good job.

Doesn't really bother me who publishes the game, as long as I enjoy it that's fine with me.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back