Do prefer to use earphones or headphones for gaming?

Alexander.

Trophies
Out of headphones and earphones, what do you favor? My vote has been casted for Headphones as they extend over the ears and I've established their more cosy.

When I was young, my uncle used to run a computer rental shop in which most computers use headphones for for sounds. But now that I have my own personal computer and laptop, I now prefer to use earphones. It feels lighter and doesn't strain my ears, neck, and head as much as the headphones do. I still have headphones and it really has a great quality, but the more I use it, the more I easily get tired and can't play too long anymore.

Some people prefer to use earphones while gaming for God knows what reason. I can think of one, the audio being separated which some feel it helps them in FPS games like CS:GO to hear better where the enemy is. Personally, I can't stand earphones and always have used headphones to play video games with. The audio is better and you usually also get a microphone with the headphones. So, what do you prefer to use for gaming - earphones or headphones? What are the reasons?

Headphones all the way for me! They need to be over-ear and not on-ear otherwise I just do not get comfy with it. I've got a nice pair of 7.1 surround Razer Kraken Pro's at the moment for my PC build and they are a beauty. I got them mainly because of the surround sound and for playing PUBG properly as hearing that movement is key. Also great for when I need a music session to take away the stress of losing all the time.. :)

My vote goes to the earphones because it just works out no matter what we do. I can tell you that there are times when the earphones have saved a lot of space for me which over the ear headphone never did as it required more space.

I always have used headphones. I find them much more comfortable on my head and also the quality is better. I always manage to get the earphones out of my ears somehow and they were always falling whenever I tried to play with them.

I think new designs of the earphones are definitely not meant for someone like me. I prefer to use those classic earphone designs which are more suitable for the sound quality.

If I'm gaming online or on my PC or PS4, I use headphones, especially for CS:GO. If it's on my phone or Switch, I'm using earphones.

In terms of quality, I've found that nowadays then tend to be quite the same - especially when I swap between my Bose headphones and my Bose earphones anyway. When I'm gaming though, I always, always will prefer a big chunky headphone set on top of my head. The amount of semi-raging I do when I play games I do need a nice sturdy pair which will sit on my head. Like Gopnik I always find that my earphones want to play hide and seek and will regulary eject themselves. Who needs that when playing games?

Seinheisser is my favorite option when it comes to the headphones and the earphones. It seems like much reasonable and cheaper option overall if you ask me. And they also have lot better sound quality. So I'd recommend them for anyone who is into gaming or so type of options.

Earphones for me. I have some Sennheiser earphones and they are amazing for music and gaming. The only problem for me is that it has an inbuilt mic and I don't want to talk to random people all the time so I have to create a party and then put myself in it.

headphones i would say if you dont want to be deaf by earbuds that makes more germs in your ear that it will damage it

I think headphones seem to be lot better for the support when you are out in public. You don't want to make noise when in public places with the platform support. This seems to be the case in that case the earphones specific for mobiles can be good too.

When it comes to gaming, it really depends on what game I am playing and whether I need to co-operate or not. If I am playing a game on my own, I like to just use ear buds and have the sound of the game and maybe some background music playing from Spotify as well, but if I am playing with friends I will use a headset for that better quality of sound and also so that I can talk with people I am gaming with.

I don't think that people can afford the expensive devices or say accessories in that context. But for those who are into the gaming professionally can consider the headphone which can be good for the performance. And then build on the top of that till they can afford something expensive and better.

Hello, Jack here.

I am looking for the best gaming headset.

I read different reviews on different blogs but confused which one to buy.

Anybody share their experience with me about best gaming headset please?

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back