Do prefer custom built PC or pre-built PC?

Daniel

Newcomer
Trophies
Depending on your PC savvy nature you may prefer one or the other. In order to build your own gaming rig you will require a moderately good understanding of what is a good deal on hardware and what isn't and be able to do the research. If you buy one pre-built from Cyber Power, Dell, Alienware, etc then you typically just have to know what specs the games you want to play require and make sure they match.

I prefer custom-built PCs, primarily because they end up being 'cheaper' for the quality of the end product, so to speak. If you're trying to optimize your specs at the lowest cost, it's highly unlikely that something premade is going to fit the bill. It'll take some research and shopping around, but the results tend to be a lot more impressive than something you buy already assembled.

I also prefer custom-built PC's, I believe you can get more 'value' for your money.
The only problem is that I'm very bad at building my own PC, I just don't know enough of it...
Also you could have waranty issues when building your own PC.

For the moment I'm having a gaming laptop, but I'm planning on building my own PC when I feel like I understand it enough ?

If you know a lot about computers or know someone who does, definitely go with custom-building your own. I am a MESS when it comes to computers, but my boyfriend knows a lot, so he built, his and is helping me build mine. Previously, I had one that was Pre-built and the difference is insane.

If you know a lot about computers or know someone who does, definitely go with custom-building your own. I am a MESS when it comes to computers, but my boyfriend knows a lot, so he built, his and is helping me build mine. Previously, I had one that was Pre-built and the difference is insane.

Can you ask your boyfriend where he orders the computer parts? I have a budget of around 1000 dollars, but there's sooo many options...

What would he do with this budget?

Can you ask your boyfriend where he orders the computer parts? I have a budget of around 1000 dollars, but there's sooo many options...

What would he do with this budget?

Hey! So first, please keep in mind that both my Boyfriend and I are from (and still living in) Venezuela. So maybe you have a bigger variety of options where you live in. All the stuff we have, we've bought here, inside of the country. He suggested the following:

Intel Core i5-8400 processor
Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card (around $184) or Geforce Gtx 1060 evga 6gb ($260)
Asus prime z390-A motherboard (around $183)
Corsair vengance LPX 8gb 32000c16 RAM (Around $104)
EVGA 700B Power Supply ($80)
Samsung 860 Evo SSD 250 gb Hard drive ($60)
Cooler master Hyper RR-212x-20pm-A1 (38$)
Cooler master box TD500 ATX mid tower (70$)

Today , it's better to just buy a pre-built PC. PC specifications now are getting better and better. RAM is getting bigger and the processor are getting monster. You can find great specs in one PC.

If you can spare the time - build it. If you don't have time to watch and read guides and manuals, and don't have the time to go through the build process - buy a pre-built or find someone reliable who can help you.

I would always recommend a custom built since you will have full control of which parts to choose as well as divide your budget and prioritize parts over others depending on usage.

I well prefer to choose the ready to use portable computer to avoid hassle. I am not good with choosing software compatibility. It will only add confusion and I might damage it. Buying a new one will be convenient. Plus, the product is durable and of good quality. I am also concern of the product warranty.

Custom design and built PC is the best in my opinion especially if you are not well equipped to build your own PC games. When it's a custom built PC, you can bet on having one hell of great gaming experience with it and not experience any problems.

Hey! So first, please keep in mind that both my Boyfriend and I are from (and still living in) Venezuela. So maybe you have a bigger variety of options where you live in. All the stuff we have, we've bought here, inside of the country. He suggested the following:

Intel Core i5-8400 processor
Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card (around $184) or Geforce Gtx 1060 evga 6gb ($260)
Asus prime z390-A motherboard (around $183)
Corsair vengance LPX 8gb 32000c16 RAM (Around $104)
EVGA 700B Power Supply ($80)
Samsung 860 Evo SSD 250 gb Hard drive ($60)
Cooler master Hyper RR-212x-20pm-A1 (38$)
Cooler master box TD500 ATX mid tower (70$)

Thank you so much!

I've saved it and will look at it later when I'm building my own PC!

There is no doubt to me that custom-building a PC is the way to go. The main factor you need to look at is finance. Prebuilt PCs are way overpriced. I have a $1300 AUD laptop right now. I regret making that purchase but I was not aware of custom-building when I bought it five years ago. I realise now that with the same amount of money, I could have gotten something that was three times as powerful perhaps. And if I didn't want something that powerful, but something as powerful as the one I have currently, then I needed to have only spent around $400 if custom-building. The differences are massive.

I would advise seeking assistance from tech savvy people at r/buildapc on Reddit. They can tell you everything you need to know, and can direct you through the entire process.

Building your own computer, in my opinion, will offer the best overall experience for anyone looking for a new system. Since pre-built computers have high markup costs, they will cost more on average than it will cost to build your own system. But this is not always the case, as pre-built manufacturers do get price discounts on components for buying them in bulk and in some cases—especially during sales—a pre-built system can offer a similar price-to-performance as a DIY system can. But, in the vast majority of cases, building your own computer will yield you more performance on a dollar-for-dollar basis.

Building your own is better as you have the freedom to choose which ones you'll be adding to your PC. At the same time, you can definitely control how much you're willing to shell out for it.

It will always be better, build your own PC, since you can choose your components one by one and have the best possible performance on your computer, but there are also good pre-built computers that can be very good to some extent!

Depends on the person. Back when I didn't have any knowledge about PC's I preferred pre-built. Now I'll rathe a custom built.

If you are planning to get anything pre built then Alienware is lot better option. And it can even make it easier for you to customize. But do note that custom built is lot better because you control some prices which brands often limit you with. So with custom built you can have more options for your configuration.

If I weren't PC savvy, I'd still try and learn the basics of building my own rig. Why? Although this would take some time, at least I would get to learn and I get to save tons of money in the future. So, when games start to get tough on my rig I can upgrade the things my rig lack instead of going out and buying another pre-built rig.

I prefer the custom build because in the near future you can easily go upgrade your rig.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back