Digital games or physical copy?

Well, when I got my Switch, I got my first digital game. The Switch I got came with a digital copy of Super Mario Odyssey. I won't have to worry about loosing the game. Especially if I take the Switch somewhere.

I think Nova has a point. They'll go to all digital on games or you'll just get a subscription only.

If you had asked me this a month or two ago, I would have said physical with no hesitation. But as I'm becoming more organized and putting all of my paperwork on my computer(scanning them, takes FOREVER), I think I would much rather have a digital copy. I think I'd eventually end up uploading the game to my computer anyway. But I'll take either one. Physical copies are nice to have but digital copies are just easier to keep in tact. I may lose my login but I'll never scratch it.

Well, one large reason for digital is kids. Kids are horrible with games usually. Now, I'm mostly speaking of younger kids - but some older one too. Well, even some teens and adults are!

O.K., how do you all treat games? Do you protect them enough to "not need digital"? What is your policy about kids? I mean, kids love games - I hate to ban it from them!

Now, myself, I'm not really into gaming enough - to want digital - and I'm not around kids enough lately to justify it either. However, I do make digital downloads sometimes - like with Poser, the 3D art program, I messed with recently.

I think we are in time where the digital games are going to be a history. And not a lot can be said about the digital games in such context because they are now part of the norm. So one has to see the physical gaming as less chance of future.

Digital is so much more convenient but I just love to have a physical box and disc for the game that I'm getting. Plus, it allows me to return it if I don't like the game.

I prefer to get digital copies of video games. It's usually cheaper to do so as there are a lot of sales going on - like the Steam Summer sale right now on Steam. Also, if you buy the game but don't like it you can refund it but only if you meet certain requirements (less than 2 hours playtime). You don't need to worry about losing, breaking or scratching the game as it's a digital copy and it doesn't take space in your house neither.

I think physical copies are on their way out from what I have seen so far. I think digital games are not something you can consider long term either, as cloud may beat those digital downloads too.

When it comes to computer games, I'm always swinging the bat for digital only copies becase why not? I've got a ton of hard-drive space so I might as well use it. When it comes to my consoles however, I love the feeling of a physical game, probably because I've grown up playing on consoles and that so it's just a nostalgia thing. I do think in the near future though we'll be going all-discless just because that seems to be the way the world is moving nowadays.

I generally prefer having a physical copy of games, as installing and reinstalling digital copies of games, where I live, can be rather lengthy, as I don't have the best internet connection to install games that require quite a bit of space to install. Though, with the current setup for more modern computers, it is easier to get the physical copes setup to run as a digital copy that you just have to save onto a flash drive or a hard drive that you can sue later if you need to ever reinstall it for whatever reason.

I'd prefer digitally because I have a family I have to share games with lol
Depending on the console I could re-download the game on the same account on a different console. (Nintendo Switch)

Digital for me makes everything easier for me and that is one of the ways to save cost. I have had issues of purchasing physical copies in the past that didn't play well and that was really an unhappy experience.

Ownership of the games is a big thing. Though digital has helped with downloads and quicker access. But the ownership of the content is still a big issue in that context. I'd say people should own completely what they buy.

Hi all,

I'm just conducting a survey for an assessment about Digital and Physical Games and which one you prefer to use.

If so why do you prefer that method?

Regards

Jack

I prefer physical games. My download speed isn't great so I get physical games.

I think digital games is lot better option considering it does not consume the space anymore. So that's one thing we have to watch out as well.

No and to be more honestly, I don't remember if I ever bought them already. I'll check this later because this is something that I consider a waste of time / money. So, if I did this... I was inexperienced in this world, haha!

I think with steam and other online markets. You can see that boxed packs are pretty much out of the market. And that tends to make the usage of the box packs redundant. In future there will be no manufacturing of the boxed pack games. Everything will be DLC for sure.

I think with steam and other online markets. You can see that boxed packs are pretty much out of the market. And that tends to make the usage of the box packs redundant. In future there will be no manufacturing of the boxed pack games. Everything will be DLC for sure.

Gamers grow and follow the new trend in gaming, it's actually the reason why most people now pick DLC and other kind of games to boxed games. I prefer DLC because it's more updated in both graphics and all.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back