Diablo 2 Resurrected release date set for 23 September

diablo-2-resurrected-release-date.jpg

Diablo 2 Resurrrected release date is set for 23 September on PC and consoles, Activision Blizzard has announced during the Xbox and Bethesda E3 2021 showcase.

Those who pre-order the title will gain early beta access.

In the trailer below, Microsoft said:
A dark figure wanders in the East and he must be stopped at all costs.

Activision Blizzard said:
To take advantage of today’s modern gaming hardware, Diablo 2 Resurrected supports up to 4K resolution and includes fully remastered 7.1 Dolby Surround audio. Those who still fondly remember the ambiance of the original game’s gripping storytelling sequences can also look forward to all 27 minutes of cinematics, recreated with stunning high-fidelity visuals that faithfully reproduce the critically acclaimed originals and match the spirit of the modernised game’s graphics.

While Diablo 2 Resurrected takes full advantage of today’s modern gaming hardware, it also preserves the timeless hack-and-slash gameplay that is as engrossing and enjoyable today as it was twenty years ago—with a few quality-of-life updates Diablo veterans have been clamouring for, such as a larger stash and automatic gold pickup. Players experiencing teary-eyed nostalgia as they relive fond memories of spinning hammers and exploding corpses can seamlessly swap between the modern graphics and the original 800×600 resolution experience with the push of a button.

Diablo 2 Resurrrected will head to PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Switch and Windows PC on 23 September.

Pretty good gameplay, I know a few people who are looking forward to this.

What platform would you recommend playing this game: PC or Xbox? Generally, I prefer PC gaming, but playing an MMO RPG on a console might be more comfortable. What do you say?
And how this remastered version is different from the original? Are there any new rare drops? Is there the crown of thieves in d2r? I used to have it in the original Diablo II, and it’s one of the best items I ever owned there. It gives a substantial increase to gold dropped by enemies.
It would be cool if the new game had some new items in it because I don’t want to play a similar game but with slightly different graphics.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back