Dead Space reimagining in the works at EA Motive

dead-space-ea-motive.jpg

Dead Space reimagining is in the works at EA Motive, according to a number of reports.

Back in March, on Jeff Grubb's YouTube show, Grubb said that EA Motive was working on “an established IP,” recently claiming that “we’re going to see it… if we’re not dead first.”

Eurogamer’s Tom Phillips later corroborated the news by saying “tallies with information we’ve also heard”.

According to the reports, the new Dead Space title will be announced during EA Play Live 2021 event, scheduled for 22 July.

The last Dead Space game was 2013’s Dead Space 3 by developer Visceral Games; the studio no longer exists, but key staffer, Glen Schofield has joined PUBG Corp and Striking Distance Studios to make a similar title called The Callisto Protocol.

Star Wars Squadrons is EA Motive’s latest title.

I don't quite understand why reboots, remakes and reimaginings are the norm these days with the gaming industry. Surely they could like, just do a sequel or a side story, set in the already expansive universe. :D

I still haven't managed to play through any of the Dead Space games in full.. :eek:

I've played through the opening hours of the original a couple of times, but just haven't had the time to fully commit. Perhaps it's time I put that right!

I just thought the series was boring. But I understand that it's a franchise that has a devoted enough following just the same.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back