DC Universe to become comics-only, shifts to HBO Max in 2021

dc-universe-to-become-comics-only-shifts-to-hbo-max-in-2021.jpg

DC Universe will become comics-only, meaning its TV shows Harley Quinn, Doom Patrol, Young Justice and Titans will shift to HBO Max in 2021, Warner Bros has confirmed.

DC Universe will be rebranded as DC Universe Unlimited from January 21, 2021, marketed by Warner Bros and DC as “the ultimate comic book subscription service”.

Jim Lee at DC said:
Our fans love the platform’s robust library of comic books and, with the transformation, we will not disappoint. I’m excited to share that not only will DC Universe Infinite members still be able to read all of the great comics that they’ve enjoyed but new issues are debuting on the platform quicker than before, digital first exclusives are being created, and the members-only events will begin as soon as possible. There has never been a better time to be a DC fan!

DC’s current library of ongoing and legacy TV shows such as, Richard Donner’s Superman and the Wonder Woman TV series, will also find a new home on HBO Max in 2021.

Furthermore, title like Titans will remain available through Netflix rather than HBO Max or an equivalent. We’ll keep you updated as we learn more.

I think we all saw the writing on the wall with this.

Do they already sell merch on that service too? Might not be a bad idea to tie it to their shop (if they have one) and offer discounts.

I've been a DC Universe member for some time, hate to see this happening. If they would've kept all DC Movies/TV Shows exclusive to the service, it would've been a huge plus IMO.

I'm fine with this, I much rather get more than be stuck on one set of series.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back