Cyberpunk 2077 removed from PlayStation Store due to PS4 performance

cyberpunk-2077-removed-playstation-store.jpg

Cyperpunk 2077 has been removed from the PlayStation Store over poor performance on PS4 consoles.

Sony has issued a statement in regards to refunds:
[Sony Interactive Entertainment] strives to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, and we will begin to offer a full refund for all gamers who have purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store and want a refund.

CD Projekt Red has acknowledged the removal of the game via an official statement.

A disclosure statement reads:
The Management Board of CD Projekt S. A…. hereby publicly discloses the decision of Sony… to remove Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store until further notice. The decision was undertaken following our discussion with SIE regarding a full refund for all gamers who had purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store and want a refund at this time.

All copies of the game previously purchased digitally on PlayStation Store remain available for use by their respective buyres. Gamers can still buy physical versions of the game in retail and mail order stores. All copies, whether digital or physical, will continue to receive support and updates from the Company.

Head here to request a refund for the PS4 version.

Earlier this week, developer CD Projekt Red apologised for the game’s performance on last-gen consoles, promising to fix the issues in a number of patches. The developer also promised refunds if requested before 21 December.

The title runs better on current-gen consoles using backwards compatibility, but due to the nature of the release, those on PS5 who have not purchased the game yet will not be able to do so as there is only one version of the game, now removed from the PS Store.

Cyberpunk 2077 is available on PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC. It’s backwards compatible on PS5, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S.

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest and a good move. The game seems far too ambitious for last gen tech. Will be a nice PS5 game eventually though.

Crazy how the most hyped game of 2020 has now been removed from the PS Store. I knew it wasn't going to live up to some of the hype but I don't think anyone imagined this happening

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest and a good move. The game seems far too ambitious for last gen tech. Will be a nice PS5 game eventually though.
The game is too ambitious for it's own engine, in all honesty.

They were planning on having exotics but that was canned for later due to some reason.
You can see a reference to them here/there in game and as a result certain characters were changed as well. The prime character I've been told about is Judy, she was going to be a exotic (just a tail and stuff) but she was changed and if you pay attention to what's behind Judy you can see one of her straps is just dangling there at all times but sways in a way were it still behaves as a tail.

There's a bunch of other stuff, like how if you get the right legs you can just parkour your way through the city still but it's a glitchy parkour (ripper doc "fingers" has the best legs for this) and more. But due to the game running on same engine as the Witcher 3 and because they were just creating a GTA clone but with more focus on RPG and Dialogue they had to nuke/change things quite abit.

In one of the DLCs I heard talk about the Exotics and/or Bozos making an appearance but I'm too focused on just enjoying my holiday month break. Either way though the game needed another year of sprucing up in general if you ask me as it's a buggy and glitchy mess on all platforms still.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back