Cyberpunk 2077 rated R18+ in Australia

cyberpunk-2077-r18-australia.png

Cyberpunk 2077 has been rated as R18+ in Australia, without having to “alter the game in any way”, CD Projekt Red has announced.

Receiving an age rating in Australia was an important milestone on our way to releasing the game in September. We’re creating a mature title for a mature audience, so we were expecting R 18+. We haven’t had to alter the game in any way and Australian gamers are set to enjoy the full Cyberpunk 2077 experience.
~Kuba Kutrzuba at CD Projekt Red.

Kutrzuba’s comments mirror those given in an interview at PAX AUS 2019, by CD Projekt Red’s John Mamais.

I think we’re OK with Australia [and its classification issues]. I was looking at it recently because I knew it was going to be an issue here. And because it’s Cyberpunk there are some elements of [drug use] in the game. There’s hard drugs and soft drugs, and body enhancing drugs and all kinds of drugs.
~Mamais.

Kutrzuba said that Cyberpunk 2077 has been classified as having high impact sex, violence and references to sexual violence, though a listing on the Australian Classification Board’s website has yet to confirm this.

Bandai Namco Australia has also confirmed the classification.

Cyberpunk 2077 is expected on September 17 on PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC; followed by a Stadia release available in 2020; a next-gen release on PS5 and Xbox Series X is planned for 2021.

So the rating companies are still active? I thought SJW generation from the left wing has managed to dump them down. I guess they must be active only for this game so far.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back