Cyberpunk 2077 pre-release streams will be removed by CD Projekt Red

cyberpunk-2077-pre-release-streams.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077 pre-release streams and videos will be removed by developer CD Projekt Red to deliver a spoiler-free experience to all gamers.

CD Projekt Red said:
We’re getting closer and closer to launch and chances are some of you will get your hands on a copy of Cyberpunk 2077 before release day. However difficult this might be for us to achieve, our ambition is for gamers all across the world to have the same — spoiler-free — experience at the time the game releases.

This is why we kindly ask you NOT TO stream/let’s play, or release any similar content before December 9th, 12PM CET / 3 AM PST. We will send MAX-TAC (you know, the guys who take down videos) after everyone who does. After that date, however, we would love if you’d streamed everything like there’s no tomorrow.

It’s 2020, who knows, maybe there isn’t.

That's 11.00 am GMT on 9 December here in the UK.

Cyberpunk 2077 heads to PS4, Xbox One, Stadia and Windows PC on 10 December. The title will be playable via backwards compatibility on PS5, Xbox Series X and Series S, while a current-gen upgrade will be available in 2021.

This happens with every single video game product, companies prevent as much "leaks" from being seen as possible and convince platforms like Youtube, Twitch, and many others to auto-remove/flag any content that is there product before it's the set release date.

Many social media companies and streaming platforms help the video game company in preventing as much leaks as possible. That's why there's been less "leaks" now a days then there was like 10 years ago.

It sucks but not much to be done.

This happens with every single video game product, companies prevent as much "leaks" from being seen as possible and convince platforms like Youtube, Twitch, and many others to auto-remove/flag any content that is there product before it's the set release date.

Many social media companies and streaming platforms help the video game company in preventing as much leaks as possible. That's why there's been less "leaks" now a days then there was like 10 years ago.

It sucks but not much to be done.
This happened with LOU2 where Naughty Dog was aggressively taking streams/videos down.

I see nothing wrong with this. I honestly wouldn’t watch the streams anyways. Don’t want it spoiled.

I see nothing wrong with this. I honestly wouldn’t watch the streams anyways. Don’t want it spoiled.
I see it as a huge issue in all honesty, it's essentially like:

if your close friend next door got a video game and he asked you to come over and check it out since they knew you were interested in getting it. But as you come to the door his wife prevents you from entering and says "you're not allowed to watch him play that game this year" and when you ask why she just says "I decide what game he gets to show his friends" even though he bought the console and game. the husband asks the wife if she'll change her mind but she doesn't and thus you aren't allowed to watch him play that game.

which honestly I just find as a pretty scummy thing to do for any entertainment corporation. video games, movie, and toys are just entertainment products and preventing users from sharing their experiences in a video game before a set time is nothing more then a absurd level of controlling the player, which makes me feel like I got licked across the chin by some handicapped dork when I wasn't looking but can't throw back because they're disabled.

I see it as a huge issue in all honesty, it's essentially like:

if your close friend next door got a video game and he asked you to come over and check it out since they knew you were interested in getting it. But as you come to the door his wife prevents you from entering and says "you're not allowed to watch him play that game this year" and when you ask why she just says "I decide what game he gets to show his friends" even though he bought the console and game. the husband asks the wife if she'll change her mind but she doesn't and thus you aren't allowed to watch him play that game.

which honestly I just find as a pretty scummy thing to do for any entertainment corporation. video games, movie, and toys are just entertainment products and preventing users from sharing their experiences in a video game before a set time is nothing more then a absurd level of controlling the player, which makes me feel like I got licked across the chin by some handicapped dork when I wasn't looking but can't throw back because they're disabled.
I mean I get what you’re saying there, but also there have been crappy gamers that will intentionally go out of their way to spoil games, big games that people have waited years for. This includes false headlines, subjects in PM’s, etc. to spoil things. I have also seen streamers do it as well. It’s truly heartbreaking to have something spoiled that you have been waiting years for. Most recently happened to me with Season 15 of Supernatural with it’s finale, it was spoiled for me. It sucks, badly. But I do agree about the streamers that are going to actually play the game, and do it in a way where there are not ”trolling” people In terms of spoiling the title. But there is no way to monitor that at all.

gamers that will intentionally go out of their way to spoil games
People will always try and spoil anything, it happens in every single medium. From comic books, manga, anime, reality shows, cartoons, movies, books, and a bunch of others stuff. the Video Game market isn't the only exception to this. It's up to you though and not the company on protecting yourself from spoilers for whatever thing your interested in, including me and everyone else.

If you need a company to protect you from getting spoiled then you might as well ask for a cradle in my book.

People will always try and spoil anything, it happens in every single medium. From comic books, manga, anime, reality shows, cartoons, movies, books, and a bunch of others stuff. the Video Game market isn't the only exception to this. It's up to you though and not the company on protecting yourself from spoilers for whatever thing your interested in, including me and everyone else.

If you need a company to protect you from getting spoiled then you might as well ask for a cradle in my book.
So how do you protect yourself from said spoiler if for example let’s say it’s in a PM and the subject says “Hey”, then the message contains a spoiler to something that you’ve been looking forward to. There’s not much you can do to stop that. I never said I agreed or disagreed with them doing it, I said I see nothing wrong with it. It’s their product, which you are choosing to purchase, they can do whatever they want with it. If you don’t agree with the guidelines they are putting in place, don’t purchase said product.

Last edited:
Not a huge problem I guess but there will always be other ways for people to showcase gameplay and share spoilers

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back