Cyberpunk 2077 is being delayed until 17 September 2020

Cyberpunk-2077-Delayed-to-September.jpg

CD Projekt Red has confirmed Cyberpunk 2077 is being delayed until September 2020.

The title is expected to be released on 17 September 2020 across PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC.

A tweet was posted by CDPR’s Marcin Iwinski and Adam Badowski stating:
“We are currently at a stage where the game is complete and playable, but there’s still work to be done.”
“Night City is massive — full of stories, content and places to visit, but due to the sheer scale and complexity of it all, we need more time to finish playtesting, fixing and polishing. We want Cyberpunk 2077 to be our crowning achievement for this generation and postponing launch will give us the precious months we need to make the game perfect.”
The release was originally scheduled for an April 2020 release but is now expected on 17 September 2020 across PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC.

Oopf, people were really fearing this earlier in the week with the delays from Square Enix, figures other would follow. Well, more time means better game.

I think they seems to have too many things on plate. And delaying seems to be the only way they can sort it out. I am looking forward to release of both cyberpunk and FF remake which is also delayed.

I think they seems to have too many things on plate. And delaying seems to be the only way they can sort it out. I am looking forward to release of both cyberpunk and FF remake which is also delayed.

nah, they just announce release dates way too soon. I'm sure it only takes one large bug to throw the whole development schedule off track.

I don't think this time it could be bug. I think it could be possible that they may be testing it for PS 5 SDK for developers. Maybe that could be one reason.

I don't think this time it could be bug. I think it could be possible that they may be testing it for PS 5 SDK for developers. Maybe that could be one reason.

That could very well be, next gen transitions do tend to mess with game releases.

I think a lot of people want to see and play the keanu reeves which is one reason for the hype. I think it'd be fun to play it once it is released.

Yes looking forward to it. I know many games out there seems to be not as exciting this quartner. but waiting for cyberpunk.

1. Definitely looks cool, will probably be the best game of the 2020s if it does release next decade.
2. Probably the PS5, but that's just my opinion.

xenonVirus. I can't predict the future - my time machine isn't currently operational, heh heh.

I hope it'll be good. From the technical perspective, it looks impressive, especially the pedestrians with random appearances. However, I'm not sure about the atmosphere of the game. I don't know if it's going make sense but for me, in some trailers Cyberpunk 2077 looks a bit too light and flashy for a cyberpunk game, at least from the aesthetical point of view. I prefer the darker aesthetical edge of the Blade Runner, Matrix, Neuromancer or Deus Ex. Anyway, the premise of the game is pretty interesting with the microchip that can provide immortality. Sounds like a modern retelling of mythological narratives about eternal life elixirs, the Holy Grail and I always loved when such religious symbolism is explored in science fiction. Speaking of which, Cyberpunk 2077 will feature Keanu Reeves, who did play a messianic role in the Matrix franchise.

After Cyberpunk I'm waiting for Death Stranding, Watch dogs Legion and the one of the most important and my favourite game Call of duty Modern Warfare 2019 !

Yes, I am looking forward to this one. It looks aesthetically pleasing and promising. I think it's possible we will see it on the PS4 and later on the PS5.

I just seen the read up on Instagram last night regards to this. Really! even more delays

Read all about it :)

103868518_282014016323607_3783492685753190297_n.jpg

I'm glad that they aren't scared of delaying the game to ensure it's good at launch.
Nothing worse than playing a game at launch that is full of bugs and clearly isn't ready

Its more like they are just waiting to launch it along side the new consoles when they arrive in November :)

Could be but the dedicated PS5 version is still a long way away so it shouldn't affect their sales too much. Everyone is going to have to buy the PS4/Xbox One version when the game launches.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back