News Cyberpunk 2077 developer faces hostile staff following failed launch

Clout

Trophies
NEWS: During an internal Q&A with CD Projekt management on Thursday, frustrated Cyberpunk developers asked blunt questions about the game's rocky launch. One asked: How could they make a game about exploitative corporations while forcing devs to crunch?

The meeting took place before Sony Corp.’s shocking announcement that it was pulling Cyberpunk 2077 from the PlayStation Store and will offer full refunds to any customer who requests one. During the staff meeting, CD Projekt’s directors said they had come to an arrangement with Sony but didn’t offer specifics. In a Twitter post on Friday, the company said that “following our discussion with PlayStation, a decision was made to temporarily suspend digital distribution” of the game.

Pretty clear that the developers were put under massive strain to just push the game out because they were too scared about more delays. So much was cut out off the game as well which is just crazy

I'm sure Covid put a huge dent into this game's final outlook, but from the sounds of it this game needed another year of development.

At least the whole "lazy dev" rhetoric wasn't true here, because the devs were really trying under immense crunch. It's a shame that the game got released in such a buggy state; it's pretty clear (to me, at least) that it needed a few more months/years marinating in the QA oven.

Aren't they gonna patch it? I do recall something similar occurred with Days Gone. Yet future updates kind of sorted out many problems, although not fully, as I still encountered some glitches.

Aren't they gonna patch it? I do recall something similar occurred with Days Gone. Yet future updates kind of sorted out many problems, although not fully, as I still encountered some glitches.
They can patch it to fix the bugs but a lot of permanent damage has been done to the brand. It doesn't help that a lot of features are missing as well which will take a long time to add

This is most likely going to be another no man's sky. Really sucked at the start but now people are in love with it.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back