News Cyberpunk 2077 demo was running ray tracing on a RTX 2080 Ti at 1080p with DLSS

Clout

Trophies
We play at Full HD resolution - a fact that we first have to digest a little, with the RTX 2080 Ti in the Alienware representation computer a higher pixel density should be expected. DLSS is also enabled resulting into an internal render resolution even less than 1,920 × 1080 pixels (editors note: probably 720p). But ray tracing is also active, in our preview version in the form of shadows, ambient occlusion and indirect lighting. Based on our impressions at Gamescom 2018 with other RTX titles, they run significantly better after they officially release - whether it is Battlefield 5, Metro Exodus or Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
-Translated.

There's still a lot of time to optimise the performance way beyond this, as the article suggests. They continue to say that CDPR also plans to include RT reflections:

Before release of CBP2077, CDPR also plans to include RT reflections

im gonna have to switch to pc at this rate

Glad i switched to PC, get all xbox exclusives and don't have to deal with sony censorship nonsense.

I heard there is going to be an anime on the topic. Like cyberpunk: edge something. So that sounds like a good development. It seems the franchise is positively accepted and considering game is yet to make any sales, I'd say yeah looking forward to their final release. I am sure the netflix release would be cool too.

Glad i switched to PC, get all xbox exclusives and don't have to deal with sony censorship nonsense.
I've been a PC gamer for most of my life, there's so much you can do on a PC than a console.

Last edited:
I heard there is going to be an anime on the topic. Like cyberpunk: edge something. So that sounds like a good development. It seems the franchise is positively accepted and considering game is yet to make any sales, I'd say yeah looking forward to their final release. I am sure the netflix release would be cool too.
I think it's called Edgerunners and will be on Netflix. I will definitely be checking it out when it comes out. Seems interesting.

Sounds like the game is capable of raytracing for true global illumination, like Quake II RTX. I think this is good, but I hope that unlike Q2RTX, the effects can be selected individually to lighten the raytracing load if necessary.

I think it's called Edgerunners and will be on Netflix. I will definitely be checking it out when it comes out. Seems interesting.
Yes EdgeRunners. It seems like it will be out in 2021. Not sure if they plan on making proper series out of it or just one season or one shot movie. I think they are just thinking in terms of the anime to attract the game franchise. I am not sure where they are going with this. We have to wait and see it.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back