Cyberpunk 2077 can trigger epileptic seizures

cyberpunk-2077-epileptic-seizure.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077 can trigger epileptic seizures that will not be addressed until after launch.

Game Informer's Liana Ruppert reported the trigger warning, writing she “suffered one major seizure and felt several moments where I was close to another one.”

The in-game Braindance is the main culprit, with a headset that “fits over both eyes and features a rapid onslaught of white and red blinking LEDs, much like the actual device neurologists use in real life to trigger a seizure when they need to trigger one for diagnosis purposes.”

After Ruppert’s report, developer CD Projekt Red said it will address the issues that could trigger an epileptic seizure.

A statement on Twitter reads:
Thank you for bringing this up. We’re working on adding a separate warning in the game, aside from the one that exists in the EULA… Regarding a more permanent solution, Dev team is currently exploring that and will be implementing it as soon as possible.

We’ll keep you posted on accessibility options once they've been added in so those vulnerable to epileptic triggers can enjoy the game without concern.

Cyberpunk 2077 heads to PS4, Xbox One, Stadia and Windows PC on 10 December. The title will be playable via backwards compatibility on PS5, Xbox Series X and Series S, while a current-gen update is planned for 2021.

cyberpunk-2077-pc.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077​

10 December 2020 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)​

You would think they would realise this after testing the game especially as it does affect quite a lot of people!

not surprised given the box art and what they have shown so far. Now they are sure to be sued.

I know some games warn you but I wonder if there was a warning for this and if so, is it enough to stop them getting sued?

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back