Discussion Critics love The Last of Us: Part II. Users don't.

Well, I have an image of Joel, Ellie and a giraffe as my desktop wallpaper on my (horrendously slow) refurbished laptop. It's unpleasant to look at it now, knowing what the sequel represents. ?

I just don't understand Naughty Dog. In fact, you know I am so distrusting of Capcom now as well. They have something great going, and they decide to fumble the ball. It's no wonder I moan about them all over the Internet. ?

It's a common trend right now for companies to ignore their bottom line in order to virtue signal. But its not sustainable, at some point they're going to have very angry shareholders

My trust in Naughty Dog has gone out of the window. I've been so unimpressed with Capcom for years, that I wanted to get off that sinking ship and find a "new" franchise to support. Generally, I wanted to remain loyal to Capcom and not follow through with my wholesome abandonment, but I decided to broaden my horizons due to how much they've wrecked Resident Evil.

The Last of Us was shaping up to be the replacement I needed for Resident Evil. But now that I've been majorly disappointed by the liar that is Neil Druckmann, I am no longer certain that I should get my hopes up for a third game.

I don't think he has any clue why the first game is so beloved. I think the problem with me is that I only play horror related franchises. Maybe I should try Gears of War. If not that, then something else at least. I'm not sure that it will be my thing, but the co-op mode does appeal to me. I've kept telling my little sis that we need to play games together again.

If Ellie had died too, that would have gotten Naughty Dog that 'break the Internet' moment. ?

I absolutely loved the game, also none of my mates in real life disliked it either, worst I've heard is part 1 was better. I feel like there is a huge tantrum being thrown by mostly Americans in regards to this game, not sure why that is. The most disappointing thing for me is reading about people who spoiled the game for themselves and then didn't enjoy it. It's a story based game, regardless of liking the story or not, the intrigue of where the story was going is half the fun, that's where the adventure is. Remove that aspect from the game and most of any enjoyment of a story based game is going to vanish before you even put your hands on the controller. I can't understand people who spoil things for themselves regardless of what it is and then seem surprised by their own lack of enjoyment.

I absolutely loved the game, also none of my mates in real life disliked it either, worst I've heard is part 1 was better. I feel like there is a huge tantrum being thrown by mostly Americans in regards to this game, not sure why that is. The most disappointing thing for me is reading about people who spoiled the game for themselves and then didn't enjoy it. It's a story based game, regardless of liking the story or not, the intrigue of where the story was going is half the fun, that's where the adventure is. Remove that aspect from the game and most of any enjoyment of a story based game is going to vanish before you even put your hands on the controller. I can't understand people who spoil things for themselves regardless of what it is and then seem surprised by their own lack of enjoyment.
"Americans" are tired of the pattern, but I think some of us have become too sensitive. I don't just mean the "snowflakes" I'm speaking as to my own tribe, and even myself. I don't think it's entirely our own faults that we find ourselves here, but we do need to start critically thinking about things instead of just spewing hot takes based on knee jerk reactions.

I don't have an opinion on the game as I've not played it (I know the controversy). I won't be playing it, NOT because of any story beats that have people upset. But because I don't have a PS4, and I'll never be getting a PS anything or buying anything released by Naughty Dog again. The copy right strike nonsense they pulled during the lead up did them no favors as far as fueling the fires, and it lost the folks like me that potentially might have tried to calm my tribe down. But naw, I'm more than content to sit back and watch it all burn.

Based on what I do know, which is far from complete, it seems like Naughty Dog was trying to craft a grand narrative about the nature of revenge itself. Based on most of what I've seen in terms of legit reaction and criticism of the actual game and story, they did clunky job of it, and rather than try to explain their intent, they chose to throw gas on the fire at every opportunity.

Last edited:
Id love to know what qualifies someone as critic. I've recently discovered that i identify as a games journalist and i rate the game dumpster/10. Wheres my rating on the box

Reddit is full of fans who aren't keen on the game whatsoever. I myself think the criticism is a tad unfair. So maybe the story is noticeably disappointing, but games set in a post apocalyptic world with zombies (or a similar threat) aren't supposed to be sunshine and rainbows. Each moment can be your last. You have to fight for every bullet, camp, medical supply, food item, you name it.

Dawn of the Dead and 28 Days Later... are practically on the same level, where it's like people only got as far as they did because they had what it took to survive against overwhelming odds. There's also Resident Evil and The Walking Dead. Only the strong survive!

17cx6z1e0ua51.png

"Juicy heads", huh? That's not a nice way to talk about a former person. He's clearly cracking open too many cold ones. :unsure:

The body language. Oh my God! THE BODY LANGUAGE OF THIS MAN SAYS IT ALL! :eek:

"Americans" are tired of the pattern, but I think some of us have become too sensitive. I don't just mean the "snowflakes" I'm speaking as to my own tribe, and even myself. I don't think it's entirely our own faults that we find ourselves here, but we do need to start critically thinking about things instead of just spewing hot takes based on knee jerk reactions.

I don't have an opinion on the game as I've not played it (I know the controversy). I won't be playing it, NOT because of any story beats that have people upset. But because I don't have a PS4, and I'll never be getting a PS anything or buying anything released by Naughty Dog again. The copy right strike nonsense they pulled during the lead up did them no favors as far as fueling the fires, and it lost the folks like me that potentially might have tried to calm my tribe down. But naw, I'm more than content to sit back and watch it all burn.

Based on what I do know, which is far from complete, it seems like Naughty Dog was trying to craft a grand narrative about the nature of revenge itself. Based on most of what I've seen in terms of legit reaction and criticism of the actual game and story, they did clunky job of it, and rather than try to explain their intent, they chose to throw gas on the fire at every opportunity.

For someone who doesn't own a PS4 and will never play a game we're discussing, you seem really intent on causing discord about it. Just saying, If even the news about a video game bothers you this much you should probably walk away.

I've never played any of the Uncharted games (being exclusively a survival horror fanboy, sorry). But man, does this look like an awesome series too? Sure I recognized some of the voice actors from The Last of Us games too. ;)

You know? I wish Capcom did this with Resident Evil, instead of giving the duty for the last remake to this M-Two crowd that clearly didn't know what the hell they were doing. If Capcom cared about quality, they'd take notice of Naughty Dog's passion. Now I'm not saying every employee at Capcom are acting like passionless pricks, but they haven't exactly been doing a sensational job. In some strange way though, they're SLOWLY improving themselves. But you can tell Naughty Dog is the better of the two companies for a reason.

For someone who doesn't own a PS4 and will never play a game we're discussing, you seem really intent on causing discord about it. Just saying, If even the news about a video game bothers you this much you should probably walk away.

How do you figure? Elaborate. How am I sowing discord? Did you even actually read my post?

I'm guessing you must have skimmed it, and just assumed you knew what was in there. Because you are not making any sense. I wasn't upset by the news of the game. I said I think people are being too sensitive about the story. I think Sony did a piss poor job of handling the leaks and the backlash, but that's not the same thing, so I don't understand where you are coming from.

Last edited:
LOL, guys. Don't make this into Kiwi Farms / Reddit / Gimpy 2.0, please. :p
If someone want's to imply i'm just being a trouble maker and should shut up and go away, I think its more than reasonable for me to want to understand why. To understand how they come to that conclusion.

Ha-ha. I know the feeling. I was on a forum the other week there, posting my opinions. Didn't expect the barrage of abuse that followed. But it was a site for trolling that has "no rules", so it was my own fault. I shouldn't post at unmoderated, uncivilized forums. But this forum has been great since I joined it in mid-2019. I just agree to disagree. I know for example, people love the RE2 remake. Which I don't. But still... :)

Ha-ha. I know the feeling. I was on a forum the other week there, posting my opinions. Didn't expect the barrage of abuse that followed. But it was a site for trolling that has "no rules", so it was my own fault. I shouldn't post at unmoderated, uncivilized forums. But this forum has been great since I joined it in mid-2019. I just agree to disagree. I know for example, people love the RE2 remake. Which I don't. But still... :)
I just have this need to call out smarmy pricks, it's a weakness.

If someone want's to imply i'm just being a trouble maker and should shut up and go away, I think its more than reasonable for me to want to understand why. To understand how they come to that conclusion.

Perfectly understandable, though maybe next time just slip it into a quick PM/Convo? That aside, I have nothing at all against people looking for clarifications when someone calls out their opinions.

I just agree to disagree.
The best way to be, honestly. People will always disagree and nothing can force someone to see your side if they don't want to, so c'est la vie.

Yeah.

I think the RE fan community is one of the WORST for that sort of hassle, but people on Reddit are generally open to different opinions. I've also had the same problem with Wikipedia. If you edit a page and what you wrote isn't 'good enough' for the moderators, they outright revert you. So you just went and plastered a wall of text on there that probably took up 30 minutes of your time to compose, and they can undo all of your hard work with a single click of a mouse. :D

The Last of Us Part II sub Reddit has displayed much hostility towards the game, but I haven't seen too many squabbles on the actual forums between other users. Just the odd post here and there.

Help this guy's channel grow. He's an excellent YouTuber, and that review was excellent! ;)

Last edited:

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back