News Cory Balrog says games need to go up in price rather than MTX filled

Clout

Trophies

I find that most publishers do both anyway..

Games do not need to go up in price. There is an absolutely massive user base, but people typically only buy the best games. It is not for customers to offset developer costs, the solution is to release better games that more people want or less games at the same time so games don't get overlooked.

I'm torn, when I was a kid games were on average between $40 USD and $60 USD. Some 30 years later and that's still true, with most games falling on the $60 dollar end. But, that was worth a lot more back then than it is today. If you account for inflation and how the price has remained constant. Games are actually much, much cheaper today.

Then again, it's hard to deny that much of the budget is bloat. Between the marketing and between needing to have 45+ min ending credits for a AAA game, you can't tell me every one of those names was needed, and that there was no redundancy.

I wonder who gets the extra 10 bugs if they end up with a 70$ price...
Anyway I'd rather we stay at 60$ and I continue my journey to avoid traps named Special editions, Day one editions, microtransations and DLC as much as possible.

I don't buy games on release so I doubt any price increase will impact me. This will probably be the first console for quite a few generations I don't buy on release day - previously I've bought PS4, PS3, Wii U and GC on release. Looking to get a new GPU for my PC at some point this year so unlikely I'll also get a PS5 on release.

Games do not need to go up in price. There is an absolutely massive user base, but people typically only buy the best games. It is not for customers to offset developer costs, the solution is to release better games that more people want or less games at the same time so games don't get overlooked.
As I've said publisher do both but if I had to choose, I'd rather they just put it up in price and took out the microtransaction.

He's trying to secure his bonus. Greedy asses will bump the price up and still keep microtransactions in games

He's trying to secure his bonus. Greedy asses will bump the price up and still keep microtransactions in games
I always hated the idea of micortransactions in full priced games (any game that wasn't free to play, really) but I've softened a bit on that. In Far Cry 5 there are micortransactions. But I never once felt any kind of pressure to use them. They didn't shove them in my face at all, and for the way I played, I never felt starved for cash except at the very start of the game when you are supposed to. So, I mean, I guess as long as they are truly just there and don't effect me in any way, like the ones in FC 5, I don't really mind.

I always hated the idea of micortransactions in full priced games (any game that wasn't free to play, really) but I've softened a bit on that. In Far Cry 5 there are micortransactions. But I never once felt any kind of pressure to use them. They didn't shove them in my face at all, and for the way I played, I never felt starved for cash except at the very start of the game when you are supposed to. So, I mean, I guess as long as they are truly just there and don't effect me in any way, like the ones in FC 5, I don't really mind.

I look at what EA and 2K is doing with Microtransactions and I'm just turned off of it as a whole. To me it's just a giant cash grab

I don't think games should go up in price...if anything I think most should go down in price because a lot of the time when I get a AAA game, it usually leaves me disappointed because of a lack of content. Games aren't really being made like they used to, because if I can finish a story driven epic within a few gaming sessions, then it really shouldnt be $70-$100+....i'm talkin RDR2 and GTA5. I find usually the Indy games with an MMO PVP focus give the best bang for the buck, such as Rust. Even the Battlefield series I waited until they went on sale before i got them because sure they're fun but they just aren't worth the initial price tag at release

I don't think games should go up in price...if anything I think most should go down in price because a lot of the time when I get a AAA game, it usually leaves me disappointed because of a lack of content. Games aren't really being made like they used to, because if I can finish a story driven epic within a few gaming sessions, then it really shouldnt be $70-$100+....i'm talkin RDR2 and GTA5. I find usually the Indy games with an MMO PVP focus give the best bang for the buck, such as Rust. Even the Battlefield series I waited until they went on sale before i got them because sure they're fun but they just aren't worth the initial price tag at release
How long is one of your gaming sessions? There is a lot to do in RDR2.

How long is one of your gaming sessions? There is a lot to do in RDR2.
usually 6-10 hours on a weekend. but for a game like RDR2 it's only good for the story. Once you get through it there isn't much replay value unless you're the kind of person that really enjoys replaying single player games, knowing what's coming up around every corner before it happens. I like games for their online content, and RDR2 fell flat on its face for that. I just found it very lacking with not much to do and no real goal with the little it does offer

usually 6-10 hours on a weekend. but for a game like RDR2 it's only good for the story. Once you get through it there isn't much replay value unless you're the kind of person that really enjoys replaying single player games, knowing what's coming up around every corner before it happens. I like games for their online content, and RDR2 fell flat on its face for that. I just found it very lacking with not much to do and no real goal with the little it does offer
Not to mention the huge amount of bugs still in the game since it's release in 2018..I've got screenshots of some of the crazy bugs me and some buddies ran into while playing just a few months ago and havent touched it since. Really weird stuff like falling through the map, invisible horses yet you can still see the saddle and ride them around, and merchant cart wheels not even touching the ground like they're too heavy in the front and the whole thing is tipping. stuff like that shouldn't even be in a AAA game when they're still asking $60+ for it

Not to mention the huge amount of bugs still in the game since it's release in 2018..I've got screenshots of some of the crazy bugs me and some buddies ran into while playing just a few months ago and havent touched it since. Really weird stuff like falling through the map, invisible horses yet you can still see the saddle and ride them around, and merchant cart wheels not even touching the ground like they're too heavy in the front and the whole thing is tipping. stuff like that shouldn't even be in a AAA game when they're still asking $60+ for it
What did you play it on? I don't remember any bugs like you've suggested when I was playing it (PS4).

What did you play it on? I don't remember any bugs like you've suggested when I was playing it (PS4).
I have a PC copy which might explain some of the bugs. Consoles use a standardized set of hardware where as PC can have any combination. I just found it very strange though that when I brought these issues to their support team, they defaulted to blaming my PC yet 3 of my friends with different builds were seeing the same glitches as i was, so it wasn't some random issue client side, it seemed to me more on the server end because single player was completely fine. They even resorted to the old "temp files can cause issues" while temp files are just stuff your pc picks up from the web as well as minor changes happening in the background....but in the end their support team couldn't really help use figure it out lol

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back