News Coronavirus: Canada to receive over 640,000 vaccine doses this week, officials say

GameWise

Trophies
Global News shows that during a federal important COVID-19 update on Tuesday, Minister of Public Services and Procurement Anita Anand said that Canada will certainly receive a total of 643,000 doses of the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines this week, calling it "the largest shipment to date." She added that a total of 2.5 million useful vaccine doses will have been delivered by the end of the month, and another 3.5 million are certainly arriving in March.

I hope everyone takes the needed vaccine shots. They're turning them away here in the some states.

My mum wouldn't accept the second vaccination. ?

I don't blame her. Some people unfortunately passed away after receiving it.

I'm too chicken to get that vaccine after hearing about people becoming seriously ill, or worse. ?

Then again, I wouldn't be the only one. My mother only got her first jab.

There have been some reports of issues with clots following administration of the AZ vaccine, with mortality hard to calculate accurately at a rate of about 1 death in 250000. Meanwhile SARS-CoV-2 itself has killed about 3-4 million people and the CFR varied widely by country, but probably kills 1 in 50 people. That's like worrying about maybe having a fatal allergic reaction to rubber on your life-raft when you're on a ship that's sinking in shark infested waters; It's not zero risk but you're worrying about the wrong thing.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back