CNN: Some anti-vaxxers are changing their minds because of the coronavirus pandemic

Ana

Trophies
Scientists are racing to produce a coronavirus inoculation on an unprecedented timescale, and some political leaders have warned that the restrictions on our lives may not be completely lifted until one is available.

That's something of a challenge to the anti-vaccine movement, many of whose members are strongly opposed to mandatory vaccines.

But the virus has also done something more startling. It has made some anti-vaxxers change their minds.

"I was just as scared of vaccines as I was of the diseases they protect against."

"My mother has a lung disease, so if she gets Covid-19 there is no fighting it. I learned as much as I could to speak out against misinformation in the hopes that I could convince more people to stay home and follow social distancing so that she won't get sick."

"So many lives are at stake, including people I care about who are very vulnerable."

"I wasn't actively looking for vaccine information but the more I learned, the more I realized it would help and the easier it became to recognize the lack of science in anti-vax arguments," she said.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back