CNN: FAA looking into a runway incident involving Harrison Ford

Tek

Trophies
The actor and longtime aviation enthusiast was piloting a plane at the Hawthorne Airport in Los Angeles on April 24, when he crossed a runway where another aircraft was landing.

"Mr. Ford crossed the airport's only runway in his aircraft after he misheard a radio instruction from ATC. He immediately acknowledged the mistake and apologized to ATC for the error," a representative for the actor told CNN in a statement on Wednesday. "The purpose of the flight was to maintain currency and proficiency in the aircraft. No one was injured and there was never any danger of a collision."

A spokesperson for the FAA told CNN the two aircraft were approximately 3600 feet apart at the time.

"The FAA is investigating an incident in which the pilot of an Aviat Husky taxied across the runway at Hawthorne Municipal Airport Friday afternoon while another aircraft was performing a touch-and-go landing," the FAA spokesperson said in an email statement.

This reminds me of the time he once tried to land on the taxiway. Luckily, no one was hurt. He just missed the other plane.
I don't know if they'll revoke his license, but I do think that he has a tendency to make errors.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back