News Christopher Nolan claims HBO Max is "the worst streaming service"

Clout

Trophies
“Some of our industry’s biggest filmmakers and most important movie stars went to bed the night before thinking they were working for the greatest movie studio and woke up to find out they were working for the worst streaming service,” filmmaker Christopher Nolan, whose relationship with Warners dates back to Batman Begins in 2005, said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter.

Nolan added: “Warner Bros. had an incredible machine for getting a filmmaker’s work out everywhere, both in theaters and in the home, and they are dismantling it as we speak. They don’t even understand what they’re losing. Their decision makes no economic sense and even the most casual Wall Street investor can see the difference between disruption and dysfunction.”

More from others:
Much of this outrage will surely be soothed if WarnerMedia is prepared to write big checks to all the profit participants in the films that have been moved. “It’s a critical time for them, at the highest, level, to make this right with the talent,” says one rep. But agents say the guidance that’s been provided so far suggests that the company isn’t planning to offer what is now called "Wonder Woman money," in honor of the rich deal the studio gave profit participants in Wonder Woman 1984 when that film was moved to HBOMax.

WarnerMedia had to shovel tens of millions at Gal Godot and the other key players because the company wants a third in the series. But that sets the bar high. Sources say even Suicide Squad director James Gunn, who is platform-agnostic, was not pleased when the studio followed its shocking announcement by floating a lackluster formula for compensating him and other profit participants in the film.

Chris Nolan not the only one upset:

I mean I’m excited as an HBO Max subscriber, but I can surely understand the frustration if Wonder Woman received more money than the other upcoming films, or at least close to. That being said watching a movie at home and in theaters is completely different IMO. I absolutely LOVE going to the movies and watching a film, but that won’t be happening any time soon. I couldn’t have imagined watching Avenger’s Endgame at home for the first time. The crowd reactions, laughter, tears, etc. are something I will remember forever.

I mean I’m excited as an HBO Max subscriber, but I can surely understand the frustration if Wonder Woman received more money than the other upcoming films, or at least close to. That being said watching a movie at home and in theaters is completely different IMO. I absolutely LOVE going to the movies and watching a film, but that won’t be happening any time soon. I couldn’t have imagined watching Avenger’s Endgame at home for the first time. The crowd reactions, laughter, tears, etc. are something I will remember forever.
I think he's still mad about Tenet.

Sounds like the guy is just mad at them, I've used it already and greatly enjoyed the service.

I think the move is odd too. HBO has great stuff for sure, but I can't imagine it has more revenue to wield than Netflix.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back