Does having cheat codes in games give you a better gaming experience?

zezo

Newcomer
Trophies
Personally I tried them only in G.T.A.
They ruin some games specially the competitive ones. so I am against them.

For sure! LOL, ;)
I used them in GTA and man it really worked there. I could swim in the ocean and don't die.:sneaky: It looks like your second life in a perfect world with no failure! But sometimes I feel I like to die, LOL. So these cheat codes are not always fun.

I also like cheat codes. It makes me pass through the levels that I could not make it on my own.

Well cheat codes we're pretty good to used. It makes you get away with an impending lose during a game. However, it still feels good to win because I did what I can. I avoid using it most of the time.

It depends on the game. Devs use a lot of 'cheats' to test the game out and stress it at the exact point they need to, to see if it works. Gamers can also use cheats to test out the game. Take a game such as Mount and Blade: Warband for example. You need to have a plan in that game. You need to figure out your build, and what items you want by the end-game. Using cheats allows you to figure out that end character, testing out particular weapons and armours, get a full party immediately to test its strength and figure out how much income you'll need to support it, et cetera.

In Crusader Kings II, console commands allow a new player to learn this complex game far more quickly. You're able to test out mechanics and optimise your strategy. You can figure out which counties you'll need to hold, what sort of retinue will curbstomp best, et cetera.

Cheats are good for testing. They're good if you want to figure out a plan that'll take you, when gaming legitly, to something OP.

Yeah if you want to a next level with less time consumed. But it would not make the game fun if you keep cheating. You might skip the fun ways of accomplishing a certain task. Boredom might strike you if the game does not give a challenging task. But sometimes, cheating might help to get rid of the frustrations you gained from not succeeding in a certain given task.

I think for some games cheat codes make the game better while for others they make it worse. For example, I wouldn't play the sims if I didn't use cheat codes because it takes a long time to earn money in that game.

On the other hand, there are games where I want to complete the quests and adventures on my own merit like GTA or Tomb Raider for example and using cheat codes takes away from that satisfaction of doing it on my own. However, if I can't finish a level and have tried every possible way I can think of but my strategies aren't working, I'm not opposed to using cheat codes so I can move on to the next level.

Not really. Cheating will not give you satisfaction in any case whether its a game or in any things. Yes you can win easily, but it's just fooling yourself on that thing. A good game can be earn with a good play of the game.

I guess it depends on the situation or the game itself. Most games are cheat-proof and there is just no way to hack it. Other games are more open and susceptible to cheats and hacks so there's that. However, I believe it will not give you satisfaction if you win a game using cheat so there's that also. In the end, it really depends on the person playing the game.

I feel like cheats codes are a lot of fun in certain games like GTA or The Sims but honestly, cheating will never give you the satisfaction of knowing you just beat that freaking level that was so hard and took you ages to defeat, by yourself.

Most new games especially on Playstation and Xbox One console have cheat codes to help the gamers complete some of the game tasks with some sort of ease.

These cheat codes comes in handy when such games are very difficult to complete but if the game is easy to complete, I think it's not really worth it in the first place.

What's your opinion about this?

I dislike using cheat codes. It makes me feel as if I bought/downloaded the game for nothing.

I did play with cheat codes when it was GTA days. That is how I played GTA when I was a kid.

I can't understand why so many players try so hard to cheat (for me... this is a total wast of time). The most fun of the game is to overcome difficulties and feel happy about it. When you cheat, you end up killing the fun of the game.

My personal opinion is that cheat codes take out the benefits of using the game. I have used them in some games. And I realized that I finished quickly and abandoned the game. So I personally prefer to just play it out till I hit the point where I can't play it no matter what. And if that happens then use the cheat code.

I dislike using cheat codes. It makes me feel as if I bought/downloaded the game for nothing.

Some gamers do feel extremely offended by using such code. In fact, they hate its very existence to begin with.

I like using cheat codes if the game at some point becomes a little bit too dull for my taste.

I do not like using cheat codes. There is no compulsion to excel in a game, gaming is more related to spending quality time, there is no need to show your excellence.

I did play with cheat codes when it was GTA days. That is how I played GTA when I was a kid.
Same. And it wasn't actually for beating the game. I did it just because I felt like running around blowing stuff up and seeing how long it takes to get wasted by the police.

Well, it depends on the person playing. I enjoy it a lot more with cheat codes, I easily get bored when a game is taking too long. And the main reason why I play such games is that I get to see what would happen when I finish one.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back