Cesium Hourglass - Video Game Music Composer looking to get his feet wet

Nedarb111

Newcomer
Trophies
Hi! I'm a song-writer/composer who's trying to get his feet wet and develop an early portfolio for my music. I'm currently just starting off so I'm willing to write some free or cheap tracks for developers who are looking for something a little more different than the free online stuff. I'm still a bit of an amateur, but I can make a polished and unique sound. I'll link some of my works (electronic and instrumental) below. I can work with different vibes, but I'm probably best at 8-bit stuff as well as piano and string duets. I can work with string quartets and band stuff (not an ensemble, more of a rock band), but that takes a bit more time to organize. I've written for a couple of solo developers before and I'll paste links to the games I've worked on and their select songs.

Obviously all the music I'll write will be registered with the copywriter office as soon as it's given to you so I'll have the ability to reuse tracks in further works other than your own. I will also have the ability to defend my music if you use a track I do not write for you (please just don't. Seriously). I will do my best to create and curate different feels and melodies for different people. Anyone who contacts me has to give me at least a paragraph description of the vibe and song they are working with (preferably more than three sentences, but you're not being graded haha) and give me a couple of song examples that match the tone you want. The better description you give me, the better chance I'll make something you like.

At the moment, I'm very flexible with changing the songs I give you and am willing to have a conversation or two about the exact vibe you're looking for (especially if I mess it up once of twice). I will do my best to respond to any or all requests, but that's not always possible. My only two requirements are that I'm sited as the composer (credited properly for my music in game) and I'm allowed to post my music and cite your game on a blog post sometime in the future (if I decide to promote my material that way). I'm also willing to have a conversation about full soundtracks and other related inquiries.

Obviously if you don't like anything I give you for your game, you are in no way obligated to use it.

You can contact me at [email protected]

And here are some of my works:

8-Bit, Pop Electronic stuff:

Music Files

(Sorry it's a google slide presentation that you have to copy and paste. I made the link shareable so bare with me.)

Album Work and Direct Instrumentals (Also Available on Spotify and Apple Music):

(These are playlists, not just one video each)

And here's a couple of games I've worked on:

zip: set one by James Shipp

Watering Feelings by James Shipp

Wow, these are really good! I'm listening to a few right now, but I love your music. Just going to throw that out there. :)
If you want to get your feet wet, I'm sure there are some video game developers (indie/otherwise) that wouldn't mind having you onboard.

I love your work! I've sent a request to listen to the tracks on your google doc, but until then, the video ones are amazing. I dabble in game design, but I've not got anything to publish as of yet. Right now it's basically a hobby. Still, if I ever get a project off the ground, I'd love to be able to hear more for it! :3

Wow, these are really good! I'm listening to a few right now, but I love your music. Just going to throw that out there. :)
If you want to get your feet wet, I'm sure there are some video game developers (indie/otherwise) that wouldn't mind having you onboard.
Thanks a ton!!

I love your work! I've sent a request to listen to the tracks on your google doc, but until then, the video ones are amazing. I dabble in game design, but I've not got anything to publish as of yet. Right now it's basically a hobby. Still, if I ever get a project off the ground, I'd love to be able to hear more for it! :3
Ack! I didn't know people were struggling to hear stuff over the google doc. I'll try and make an online portfolio and re-upload it. And yes! Let me know if you need someone to work on music for something at any point in the future!

I’ve updated your thread title with your projects name so users can easily find you.

Your work is fantastic! Keep up the amazing work! I can see it being featured in an indie game. Keep us updated! We’d love to hear more!

I’ve updated your thread title with your projects name so users can easily find you.

Your work is fantastic! Keep up the amazing work! I can see it being featured in an indie game. Keep us updated! We’d love to hear more!
Thank you both times! Also I have a quick question: is there a way to edit my own post or add to the original thread when I update my portfolio? Sorry I'm new to the forums and whatnot :)

Hey if you want to listen to any of the other stuff I've uploaded some of my work here!

Thank you both times! Also I have a quick question: is there a way to edit my own post or add to the original thread when I update my portfolio? Sorry I'm new to the forums and whatnot :)
You should be able to edit your own posts in your own threads now.
Just made the change universally, so all thread owners can do so in their own threads.
Let me know if you have any further questions.

You should be able to edit your own posts in your own threads now.
Just made the change universally, so all thread owners can do so in their own threads.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Gotcha, but is there anyway to edit the original thread or is that what you mean? Sorry if that's a stupid question haha

Gotcha, but is there anyway to edit the original thread or is that what you mean? Sorry if that's a stupid question haha
Yes, you should be able to edit the thread's post. You can find the "Edit" button on the bottom left of that post. Let me know if you have further questions.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back