Discussion Capcom accused of stealing someone's work, again!

Broken Shotgun

Trophies
Capcom games like Resident Evil 4 and Devil May Cry allegedly used unlicensed copyrighted photos extensively in its games to build out environments, details, and even the Resident Evil 4 logo, according to a new lawsuit filed Friday.

It's nothing unusual with Capcom. After all, I've pointed out things like this already. ?

I agree.

I used to think Capcom was one of the best gaming developers around. But after so long, I finally realized they were a bunch of hacks, just jumping on whatever trend is getting all the recognition at the time. There's some fanboys online who clearly know this is the case, but you needn't tell them about any of this stuff because they're in denial of the truth.

Take for example this guy called Nemesis who has over 5000 subscribers on YouTube. A few years back, I remember him constantly whining about Capcom ruining Shinji Mikami's legacy. People started to mock him. Now he has this intentionally neutral mindset, doesn't really cuss any more, and he even gets a lot of one to one interviews with the voice cast to make himself look good. He claims he matured and that his previous ranting was affecting his mental health, but really. You can tell guys like him just talk big, but they're just sucking up to Capcom the whole time. It's ironic, considering that he used to say the same things about the community overall. But hey: I think that if he said on a Wednesday to his watchers out there, that he hated the series and then on Saturday, he said he loved it again, his sheep would back him up regardless. Plus, his theory videos are pretty daft. In one of them, he thought the guy at the end of RE8 was Leon. That's when I knew, the guy I loved back in the day, was gone.

Capcom really wrecked the franchise with Resident Evil 4. I don't see that game as being bad as a general game, as it's actually very enjoyable. But the move to third person and action was why the series and perhaps the genre in general, couldn't really go back to being totally survival horror. Too many people were alienated after that, and the quality began to drop.

Somewhere, they just ran out of good ideas, and you can tell they just leave games open ended, as they're out of steam. Granted, some fans will say that after 20 years, they've never been better. While it is great that the series has longevity to boast of, a lot of the storylines and whatnot are just terrible now. Like with Chris, you can just tell he's used now as a selling tactic. He hardly even really does anything beyond contribute a few brief but important appearances. His overall look and accent being rather different each time.

I remember seeing a screenshot of one of the Gears of War games and thinking that RE6 was a blatant copy with the town it takes place in. Then a few years later, they copied The Last of Us. I even think they copied PT and then ripped off various scenes from well known horror movies to mask how bad it is. But once again, you cannot tell fanboys that is what happened on GameFAQs. They're likely going to give you lip, say you're not a real fan, or accuse you of seeing the early games through rose tinted glasses.

"You just want zombies forever!"

Or...

"Fixed camera angles are outdated".

Those are two of the more notable examples.

Clearly they didn't even play the original games. They likely started with overrated crap like 4, 7, or the RE2 remake. If they had been day one / early fans like a lot of us can lay claim to, they would know that those were the very best ones in the entire franchise, tank controls or not.

There's even indie games being released nowadays with a fixed camera perspective. I'd say that proves that modern talent appreciates that golden age time period. I know I do.

You think they learn the first time, I hate to say it, but one day the company will go under.
They have money so I presume they think people will be too scared to sue them and when they do get caught, they can just pay for it.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back