Candyman reboot delayed to September 25 due to coronavirus

Maddox

Trophies
Jordan Peele-Produced ‘Candyman’ Heads To Fall
More betting by the major studios that moviegoing occurs later this season in the coronavirus climate, than earlier this summer as Universal/MGM’s Candyman reboot moves from June 12 to Sept. 25.
Universal dropped a trailer back in February for the re-imagining of the 1990s horror franchise about a murderous soul with a hook for a hand, who is accidentally summoned to reality when people say his name five times in the mirror. Pic is billed as a spiritual sequel to the 1992 original but is set in a now-gentrified Chicago neighborhood where the legend began.
Candyman stars Yahya Abdul-Mateen II (Us), Teyonah Parris (If Beale Street Could Talk), Nathan Stewart-Jarrett (Misfits) and Colman Domingo (Fear the Walking Dead). Nia DaCosta directs. Peele, DaCosta, and Win Rosenfield wrote, with Peele’s Monkeypaw Productions producing with Bron Creative.

Uni also announced today that Will Packer produced musical romance feature Praise This is currently unset with Candyman now on that pic’s original Sept. 25 date.

damn i wanted to see that..i like the originals but its cool seeing what they do with different versions and reboots they always change it up a bit

I never even heard of the original, or that it was getting a remake. Hopefully it turns out being good.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back