Discussion Can you use a SIM-card on an Android TV box?

Gee. That's a pity. But the reason I asked is because the Phone app is available on the Google Play Store. Although I reckon certain apps won't work on TV boxes, even if they are available to install. It's likely because of the format. Unless there's a way to do it via Bluetooth.

wait wait, I've seen lots of android TV boxes, and I think some models have phone sims...

what model are you actually asking about anyway?
Gee. That's a pity. But the reason I asked is because the Phone app is available on the Google Play Store. Although I reckon certain apps won't work on TV boxes, even if they are available to install. It's likely because of the format. Unless there's a way to do it via Bluetooth.
and which app on the play store are you talking about? ?
what brand is that android TV box?

You can add a SD card adapter, but it cannot be used as a phone. However, you can use applications like Skype to make calls to their account.

I have one of those cheap Chinese makes. They're okay. Cannot remember the name of it. My broadband may be the issue, as when I try to watch HD content, it seems so incapable. Couldn't even watch a video of someone cycling at the Hudson River.

wait wait, I've seen lots of android TV boxes, and I think some models have phone sims...

what model are you actually asking about anyway?

and which app on the play store are you talking about? ?
what brand is that android TV box?
Hi There, did this question ever get answered. I am trying to do similar for a family member without piped broadband wifi . So, if there is a model that will take a sim card that would really help us. Mary

If you your model doesn't support it, which is the case for most of them, then it will simply not work,
Why do you need a sim for a TV tho?

I just assumed you could use it like a phone, but it's really just a device you route a connection to.

7 day ban
Challenges and Concerns:
While online gaming has brought about numerous positive experiences, it's not without challenges. Issues such as gaming addiction, toxic behavior, and the impact of microtransactions on the gaming experience have sparked debates and discussions. Game developers and communities are actively working to address these concerns, striving to create a more inclusive and enjoyable environment for all players.

If you your model doesn't support it, which is the case for most of them, then it will simply not work,
Why do you need a sim for a TV tho?
If your model doesn't support it, which is the case for most of them, then it will simply not work. Regarding the need for a SIM card for a TV, it's not a common requirement. TVs typically don't use SIM cards; they rely on other forms of connectivity like Wi-Fi or Ethernet for streaming content. If there's a specific context or scenario you're referring to, please provide more details for a more accurate response.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back