Discussion Can we talk about forum moderation in general?

Konradleijon

Newcomer
Trophies
Like I was banned on Resetera for daring to say this

“I know Anglo cultures Catholic Hate-Bonner, which I define of as as saying things like the Church caused the “dark ages” and burned anyone that dared to describe things in a way not in the Bible,ugh out the Middle Ages burnt millions of women as witchs, which is all bull shit, like there’s a ton genuine criticisms about the church, but you can’t make Up lies about it!”

and people thought I was white washing the Catholic Church. It seems like most popular fourms are either too strict with moderation or just let’s absolutely vile shit amd terrible people on or even a mixture of both

Somebody else made a post here a while ago, saying the same things.

Welcome to JoyFreak. A better ResetEra type forum. ?

Somebody else made a post here a while ago, saying the same things.

Welcome to JoyFreak. A better ResetEra type forum. ?
It's the same person ?

To the OP - we all have opinions and beliefs, and as long as we respect one another then there shouldn't be a problem. It can be frustrating when one expresses their beliefs and gets banned for it but you shouldn't have a problem here.

Yeah not this place but sometimes the paradox of tolerance happens amd people let very nasty posters stay. Not that I’ve seen any sorts of posts on Joyfreak

It's why I run my own site, it ensures I can't get banned for any silly reasons :p

I left GameFAQs, because the users aren't a full shilling. It's best not to use forums that are populated by morons, if you can help it. ?

I tend to shy away from super active forums due to their obnoxious moderation policies. Smaller or medium sized forums tend to be a lot more chill and inviting.

I tend to shy away from super active forums due to their obnoxious moderation policies. Smaller or medium sized forums tend to be a lot more chill and inviting.
Absolutely agree with this. Also the fact that your posts usually end up getting lost in 100s of other posts. It's easier to make friends on a tightknit community rather than a busy forum.

Fortunately, I never have too many people being arseholes towards me on forums, but you do get them sometimes. ?

Like I was banned on Resetera for daring to say this

“I know Anglo cultures Catholic Hate-Bonner, which I define of as as saying things like the Church caused the “dark ages” and burned anyone that dared to describe things in a way not in the Bible,ugh out the Middle Ages burnt millions of women as witchs, which is all bull shit, like there’s a ton genuine criticisms about the church, but you can’t make Up lies about it!”

and people thought I was white washing the Catholic Church. It seems like most popular fourms are either too strict with moderation or just let’s absolutely vile shit amd terrible people on or even a mixture of both

Did they say which rule was violated for the ban? I mean, I don't see it as flaming which on my site Christianity Haven is the rule broken the most! I know on CH that swearing wouldn't be allowed at all. Are religious conversations allowed on Resetera? I've never been there.

On an autism forum I go on, they don't even let you post anything with swearing, sex, gore, or anything of the sort. I mean, none of that even offends me. A lot of people with Asperger's certainly watch 18+ content online, so I just see it as a "view at your own leisure" sort of thing.

I swear the power goes to some people's heads.. Though I dare say I've probably done it in the past, but the novelty of moderating has long since worn off! ?

Thankfully I've never really had any trouble with moderator actions against me, though I have been banned once or twice for seemingly no reason.. I wasn't even particularly active on either community, so who knows. I suspect one ban may have been for advocating the use of software that could also have been used for gamesaving on the Xbox 360, but quite honestly there was legitimate use for it and I never did the latter so it was their loss.

Yeah. Some forums are just nuts.

I honestly hate YouTube now too. You need like 1000 subs or more just to live stream on your blooming mobile, whether that's by doing it inside or not. Seriously.

You can "get around" this limitation with a third party app, like say, Streamlabs. But as you can see, this software doesn't even work properly. I've done a few test streams and I think it's terrible quality. I get a near full 4G signal too. That shouldn't be happening.

Making people get the rights to stream with 1000 subs I'd say is ridiculous, because A, it's very hard to get that far without making amazing content that makes viewers stick around. And B, some people prefer just a handful of decent pals to have banter with. The more subs you acquire, the harder it is to weed out the ones that enjoy being jerks.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back