Call of Duty: Warzone console players are turning off crossplay to escape PC cheaters

Ana

Trophies
Cheating is an increasing issue for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare across both traditional multiplayer and Warzone, but it feels pronounced in the battle royale mode. This week, developer Infinity Ward said it had issued over 70,000 bans worldwide to protect Warzone from cheaters. "We are watching. We have zero tolerance for cheaters," the studio tweeted.
However, a negative side effect of crossplay in Call of Duty is console players are exposed to PC cheaters - and as a temporary fix, console players are turning off crossplay to stamp it out.

This is far from ideal for friends who want to play together across platforms, and Modern Warfare itself doesn't want players to disable crossplay, either. On PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, if you try to search for a Warzone lobby with crossplay disabled, an in-game message pops up encouraging you to enable crossplay.
What else could Activision do to prevent Call of Duty hacking? Some have called on Activision to require PC players link their account to a phone number (Counter-Strike offers this as a free option for prime matchmaking), thus putting off cheaters. Some console players have called for console-only crossplay, allowing PS4 and Xbox One players to play together without PC players.

I think PUBG and the Fortnite both suffers now that both have crossplay and even the players regardless of platform are being shared. And reducing bots in both with real players from multiplayer format. I think people will soon see that change in their gameplay. I think emulator users using cheat kind of shows that issue.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back