Call of Duty 2020 codenamed The Red Door, data miners find links to Black Ops Cold War

WillWJN

Newcomer
Trophies
So yeah, the serial for this years cod came out, and data miners have found images and info that essentially confirms this years game is Black Ops Cold War!! Source found here, article below!

With rumours about the next Call of Duty running rampant, the fire has been stoked further by what seems to be the games official codename - The Red Door.

This codename comes from the games European and USA serial numbers, as found at serialstation.com. Both use the serial title COD2020INTALPHA1, which would indicate that the information represented is for this years Call of Duty, in alpha. Both serial numbers have the name 'The Red Door'.

However data miners have been finding more and more information. With this image attached to it as it's icon:

cCu942F0iEylTIjjbQCU0NaBjeCfrffDhCWFvKB3.jpeg

This doesn't reveal much, except that the codename 'The Red Door' is in fact real. What relation does it have to this years Call of Duty? Nobody knows for sure, although some are guessing it's a reference to The Rolling Stones song Paint it Black. The song opens:

"I see a red door and I want it painted black"

This could imply that the Cold War setting may have influenced the codename. Which would mean it is Black Ops Cold War.

Any sort of real evidence comes from @GarnetSunset on Twitter. They tweeted an image of what appears when the extracted data is launched on PS4:

K8EmkaHxe7WIgDgvA5BBpWrt1q4gSgiwyjcKrm0q.jpeg

This lends a lot of credence to the idea that the game is a Black Ops reboot. @Raglan_Z even points out that "The 1976 on the document would suggest Cold War, right?". Which it certainly could.

As expected, take all of the above information with a grain of salt, because whilst it's interesting it doesn't outright reveal anything that hasn't already been rumoured. Although if this information is real, it just supports that this years Call of Duty will in fact be Black Ops Cold War.

It will be interesting to see what the next Call of Duty is like. I will most likely stick with Modern Warfare because I just love the game and I like modern shooters. But if they do a good job, I might get the next one at launch

It will be interesting to see what the next Call of Duty is like. I will most likely stick with Modern Warfare because I just love the game and I like modern shooters. But if they do a good job, I might get the next one at launch
Honestly me too, I really love the Modern Warfare reboot (minus the updates the size of Venus) and still play MP, but a similar style reboot in Black Ops has an equally good chance of reeling me in - unless arms turn into guns again :/

The mobile version of call of duty has the name "Radioactive Agent" for the new season. They have yet to release that specific release version as of yet. I assume that will be live from the July. I am sure in near future we are going to see the different nicknames for releases.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back