California Officer Punches 14-Year-Old in New Video

Ana

Trophies
A police officer in the Northern California city of Rancho Cordova is being investigated by law enforcement authorities after he was recorded on a widely circulated video punching a 14-year-old boy while pinning him to the ground as he tried to detain him.

Sgt. Tess Deterding, the spokeswoman for the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department, said in a statement that the officer had been patrolling on Monday in a neighborhood where residents had complained about sales of alcohol, tobacco and drugs to minors.

She said the officer was part of the Rancho Cordova Police Department’s Problem Oriented Policing Unit, which focuses on public safety patrols. She did not identify the officer, and did not respond early on Wednesday to questions about whether he was still on patrol duty.

Justice For My Nephew Who Is 14 Years Old! America, Imagine “Peace Officers” Patrolling Your Neighborhood Daily To “Protect & Serve” But Does Shit Like This, Excessive Force To Detain A Child For A Swisher! #Share

Okay, I am going to point out what's wrong with this guy here. It's police brutality, plain and simple. The kid is 14 years old. There's no reason to punch him just because he has a Swisher. Absolutely unacceptable behavior. And I find it almost laughable how the officer goes "Stop fighting!" like the teen wants to be pinned down and arrested.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back