Cable TV or Smart TV - Which do you prefer?

acejoy001

Newcomer
Trophies
Just lately I've been watching on my Netflix subscriptions and it was really grand. But I noticed I've been missing on the local tv news and other programming I had when I was still on cable tv . I decided to revive my cable plan and get the most basic just so I can watch my favorite local shows and basic news like BBC and the likes. It works. No need to subscribe for the high end channels because the Netflix thing etc can more than accomodate for these high-end programming.

I have cable only and I am satisfied with it, in fact, I don't have enough time to spend in front of my TV and watch all they offer us to watch, I am disappointed that I don't even have time to watch HBO movies.

I still have cable tv, one of these days though I will get rid of it and completely move onto streaming and on demand type stuff.

I use Cable TV and i don't think i will switch to Smart TV as my computer is enough to watch movies and stream videos

We have freeview over here in the UK so you get quite a lot of channels for free. We have that and then rely on Netflix and Prime mostly. I barely watch cable TV.

We have freeview over here in the UK so you get quite a lot of channels for free. We have that and then rely on Netflix and Prime mostly. I barely watch cable TV.

wish we could get that here in the states, a bit tricky in getting free stuff.

I have Dish TV and it is very indeed for watching movies, and serials. I have never heard about Smart TV and this is the first time hearin. Can you tell me what is Smart TV.

I prefer streaming. Cable TV just has a bunch of garbage on it these days...

We have cable TV and Amazon Fire TV (Netflix, Hulu, and Prime). We tried to drop cable, but other members of the household couldn't get used to streaming, so we brought it back. hehehehe

I have Dish TV and it is very indeed for watching movies, and serials. I have never heard about Smart TV and this is the first time hearin. Can you tell me what is Smart TV.
A lot of new TVs have apps such as Vudu or Hulu that allow you to stream movies and TV shows via your high speed internet. It is cheaper than cable and has become very popular the past couple years.

You can also get something like Chromecast or a Fire Stick if you don't have a Smart TV.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back