Discussion Building the best budget gaming PC in 2021

xDeathBear

Newcomer
Trophies
As you all know the current situation of being able to get your hands on a GPU is enough to spiral you into A mad depression but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it comes from a place I never thought I would go .
so Christmas is here and my daughter wants a gaming rig to stream from and so being the dad I am off to the races I went and what I built has me in shock at its capability .
Gigabyte B550 Aorus pro $145
AMD ryzen 7 5700g $325
Samsung 1TB 980 M.2 2280 $119
G skill ripjaws v series 16 GB $49.99
rainbow flash DIY case $49.99
seasonic focus sgx 500 80+gold full modular PSU $59.99
windows $110
this was all purchase through newegg's month long black Friday sale . this thing doesn't seem like much with A APU but I am in shock . the first games I tried on it was RE village Farcry 6 and Warzone and I was disappointed with only 30 to 55 fps across the board but wait this isn't A every day APU as it uses AMD's new FSR tec and so I set all these games on low enabled FSR at quality setting and bam I felt like I was getting top quality on a APU with frames that ware much more acceptable at 49 to 80 fps and the quality of visuals ware far greater than what I was able to get before enabling FSR . I think my daughter will be extremely happy with this rig as games look amazing with FSR also what more could a 12 year old need ?
what kind of rigs have you built on a budget ?

I forgot to list Esports games that I have tried which is what my daughter mostly plays . rainbow 6 siege 92fps , fortnite 120fps , apex 90 fps and none of these games support FSR yet but are slated to get it .

your, best bet is to at least get an rtx 2060 or 2070, great gpu's can be cheap too, if you look on new egg!

- gloomy
eromanga sensei dancing GIF

damn, you know that great GPUs can be cheap too if you look at the new egg!

damn, you know that great GPUs can be cheap too if you look at the new egg!
None to be had on new egg or anywhere else unless you plan on paying $1400 for a 3060 from a scalper . GPU are already on a mas shortage with all the world governments sucking up all the silicon supplies to make vaccines which is the same reason there are no new cars to be had on car lots . They just cant produce enough silicon to keep up with the demand right now.

your, best bet is to at least get an rtx 2060 or 2070, great gpu's can be cheap too, if you look on new egg!

- gloomy
eromanga sensei dancing GIF
you can get a 2070 or 2060 for over a grand neither card is remotely close to being worth that price especially if its used and out of a mining rig

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back