What is your favourite board game?

I love Chess. Whenever I have some free time, I play chess. It is not a game of luck, it is a game of skill and intelligence. It sharps my mind. For me, it is the best board game!
me too i really love to play chees and a snake and ladder or scrabble.

Either Monopoly or Starcraft the Board Game. Check it out, the SC board game is really amazing.

Either Monopoly or Starcraft the Board Game. Check it out, the SC board game is really amazing.
Yeah, the Monopoly is a great board game too! But it takes at least few hours of playing and isn't that much fun for only two players... So, for this game, more players = more fun. ?

Without thinking twice, I can say that my favorite boardgame is Chess. I love this game because while it's so much fun it's extremely challenging (a great brain exercise, haha).

Besides that, I also like War (pure strategy) and Scrabble (which always makes me learn new words).

These days I am playing a lot of Word Domination. And for me that game is like Scrabble. I think anyone who decides to play this game would be finding a lot of fun. Here you have to keep on winning. And streak needs to be pretty regular on that front. I have learned that not a lot of people can have patience for board games.

In real life, I like Chess because of the level of difficulty in terms of strategy. I also like the design of each piece. In virtual world, I love playing Yu-Gi-Oh card game. I think it is considered as a board game also. I am very interested in each of card's design and the stories behind it which you can see in the normal card descriptions.

Me too. One of my favorite board game is chess. For me it is one of a kind board game where you can think what your strategy is and how to win by sacrificing other pieces like a movies I watched about war.
I am not familiar with the Hero Realms but I think its an interesting board game also.
I like Chess games but unfortunately I am not good at it. When I watch genius play the game I am thrilled. The good Chess players I have met seem not to have the patience to teach a novice.

Hey, this is definitely a game I intend to play. It looks cool and I love board games though they have lost appeal due to the influx of video games. I hope its a stimulating game because I love games that challenge my mind and help to keep me on my toes.

I agree. Most children and teenagers are consumed by video games because yes it's appealing and not boring due to many effects on the game. But classic games like board games still a game that many people play for example in every tournament in schools, there are board games that is set.

It's better to play board games in person not in a mobile or computer. You can see the reaction of you opponent when you make a move or you beat him/her.

It's better to play board games in person not in a mobile or computer. You can see the reaction of you opponent when you make a move or you beat him/her.
You can see reactions of the other person easily as you play in person. However if you are a local champion you may be eager to play other champions and the easiest way to meet champions from other part of the world is via playing online.

I haven't played Hero Realms myself. Just like most of the people here I am more familiar with chess and Scrabble. Is that game still available?

Not only is monopoly fun to play but it also teaches life skills. Here are three examples. Unlike other card games where it's based on luck, monopoly is not.

1. Learning to set aside money for uncertainties - budgeting an emergency fund
  2. Your negotiation and persuasion skill set will improve
  3. Enhanced decision making

Love Monopoly and Scrabble when I was younger. I really enjoy playing these two games with my classmates in grade school. It brings out the competitive sides in each of us. And, I know it isn't a board game but we also play Uno cards back then. I remember we were so loud one of the teachers got mad at us and reported us to the principal and our class adviser was so disappointed he banned the game. I also used to play Snakes and Ladder - another fave board game of mine - but this I play with my cousins.

Checkers - hands down. When I was young , I used to play checkers with my great grama. She would make the tea and instruct me to set up the board. Such a warm and fuzzy memory that I can smell the gingerbread smell in her house as I reminisce.

My favorite board game is Game of the Generals. It's very strategic and fun to play.

We used to play GG too! It is a very mind clenching game. You get to lay your strategy on the board without your opponent knowing how and vice versa. It was like chess except that you could manipulate your pieces better. I like playing spy and killing off generals.

My favorite board game would be chess. I grew up playing them with my father and my siblings and chess had become a family game for us. When video games came along, we got to play Othello and we loved it too.

What board games did you play after playing computer games or after spending some time with them? Or what kind of board games did you play related to animation, for example, I watched a series of Cyanide and Happiness videos, then I played a board game Joking Hazard.

First time heard of the joking hazard. I think it was from the cynaide and happiness gang. I may look at that this december in board game event here in my place.

I dont know if this counts, but a game called Red Dragon Inn is probably mine.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back