Bluestacks?

Gopnik

For those of you who aren't familiar with what Bluestacks is - it's an Android emulator which allows you to play easily your favourite mobile games on your PC. Is anyone here using it or has ever used it? Would you recommend it over other Android emulators?

I have been using Bluestacks for a lot of years now. I would definitely recommend it - easy to manage, doesn't use a lot of resources (at least in my case), and simple to use. Although, the newer versions of the app aren't that good it's still an awesome emulator.

Nova

I used to be a fan of bluestacks when it was free. Now a days they are charging for the premium version of the emulator and though player is still free. I have moved to the noxplayer. The noxplayer is free and also it allows you to install and play games that way it can be pretty useful also record it and stream live.

marteebe

Article Author
Verified
I used to use BlueStacks yeah, as @Nova said back when it was free - I actually used to use it as well for a bit of cheating on Pokemon Go back when it was new out lol. Was also good for work use as well though as I used it for Instagram via a computer as back then I couldn't access it other than using my phone and that was sometimes a pain in the neck. I didn't know about NoxPlayer though, I'll be checking that one out now. Thanks Nova!

Nova

You can use the nocsplayer or the KOPLayer if you want to run the android instance on the windows. It works out pretty effective in case of the gaming or the apps.

TopSilver

Use Retroarch instead, it's a much better emulator to use. Search it on Google. It's for Android/iOS and Windows as well as numerous systems even Windows 95 if your computer was that old. They have just about anything. You can even download artwork for each game in seconds and have the actual games artwork downloaded immediately. It's fairly straightforward to use and a great choice.

Also an idea is to buy a PS1 Classic and use what they call Bleemsync which you can use and in their recent update it supports a Retroarch duel boot so basically you could have a PS1 for all your retro games easily available. It's the perfect idea many people are taking advantage of.

Nova

I have never tried Retroarch. Recently however I have tried the nocsplayer and the Bluestacks player too. There is also Remix OS player which can be a good idea for using. But they have closed the free option for the player. And in near soon in such case it can be difficult to find good emulator though, not all can be good from the performance perspective.