Bethesda's Pete Hines apologises for lack of Starfield on PS5

starfield-ps5.jpg

Bethesda's Pete Hines has apologised to PS5 users who were hoping to play Xbox exclusive Starfield.

Hines said:
If you’re a big fan of stuff we make and a game that we’re making is no longer available on your platform I totally understand if you are unhappy or pissed. I get it, those are all real feelings and frustrations.

I don’t know how to allay the fears and concerns of PlayStation 5 fans other than to say, ‘Well, I’m a PlayStation 5 player as well’. I’ve played games on that console, and there’s games I’m gonna continue to play on it. But if you want to play Starfield? PC and Xbox.

Bethesda will release two PlayStation exclusive titles as part of agreements made before the publisher was acquired by Microsoft: Tokyo Ghostwire and Deathloop. It seems like any future games from the publisher will be exclusive to Xbox and Windows PC; both Starfield and Redfall were confirmed as such.

Hines concluded:
Sorry. All I can really say is, ‘I apologize,’ because I’m certain that’s frustrating to folks, but there’s not a whole lot I can do about it.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back