Bethesda was surprised that few people wanted Fallout 76 PvP

fallout-76-wastelanders.jpg

Bethesda was surprised that only few Fallout 76 players wanted PvP, Pete Hines has confessed.

At the end of the day, our intention was always, we’re going to put this out there, see what folks think, and then cater the stuff that we do later to their reaction.
Hines

So, for example, I think we were a little surprised how few people wanted to take part in PvP and how many more they were interested in PvE together. As opposed to, ‘I want to test my mettle against you and let’s get into a duel.’ There’s some folks who do, don’t get me wrong, but I think it’s a smaller percentage of our player base than we thought.
Fallout 76 will roll out PvE content instead from April in the upcoming Wastelanders expansion, which brings highly-anticipated NPC characters to the barren world.

Fallout 76 is available on PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC.

This is why a thing called polls exist. They should have asked their fans what they want to see the most, that way not to be too caught off guard.

PVP and the battle royale modes are kind of wanted these days on most of the platforms. I am surprised that some of the folks are demanding that in fallout 76 because it's not that type of the game.

I think PVP and the battle royale are pretty much in demand formats. And every new game even if it is not in that category, the developers are asked to make that format. So people can get those characters in the PVP. Fallout devs should not be surprised at this.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back