News Best new games of 2022 you should be playing right now

JonathanVan

Trophies
2022 is finally here, which means new games are coming in tight and fast, with January through March very busy with new releases. This list of upcoming games isn’t exhaustive, but it does highlight some of the biggest games of 2022.

HORIZON FORBIDDEN WEST​

Horizon Forbidden West
Horizon Forbidden West
Platforms: PS5. PS4

Release date: February 18, 2022

Aloy is officially back for Horizon Zero Dawn 2017 and this time we’ll take a trip to the post-apocalyptic setting of San Francisco, America.

The trailer, which debuted at Sony’s Future of Gaming event, reveals that Horizon Forbidden West is coming to PS5 and features beautiful, vibrant landscapes, new massive machine creatures and – most interestingly – an underwater series.

No doubt we’ll have more mysteries to unravel as we return to the unique world of guerrilla gaming when the next generation of consoles is finally released.

DYING LIGHT 2: STAY HUMAN​

Dying Light 2: Stay Human
Dying Light 2: Stay Human
Platforms: PC, PS4, Xbox One

Release date: February 4, 2022

No calendar is complete without a zombie game or two on the horizon, and Dying Light 2 has a good chance of being the only zombie game you’ll ever need in the future.

Techland got off to a fantastic start in 2015 with the original Dying Light and the sequel intends to expand those parameters in a healthy way in every way.

With its responsive world, branching narrative, sophisticated combat, and radically improved graphics, Dying Light 2 is everything you could expect in a beautifully apocalyptic package and more.

Our barbed wire baseball bats are armed and hungry for zombie blood.

GOD OF WAR: RAGNAROK​

God of War: Ragnarok
God of War: Ragnarok
Platforms: PS5, PS4

Release date: TBC 2022

God of War: Ragnarok has smashed the internet with its latest trailer, which shows the much bigger Kratos and Atreus facing family feuds against Freya, Thor and the upcoming Ragnarok.

Eric Williams has taken over the directing role from Corey Barlog and the story will take father and son to new realms like Vanaheim, Swartalfheim and Asgard and meet new characters like Angrboda and Odin.

This will be the final chapter of the Scandinavian God of War saga.

ELDEN RING​

Elden Ring
Elden Ring
Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC, PS5, Xbox Series X

Release date: February 25, 2022

Originally announced during E3 2019, Elden Ring is FromSoftware’s next offering from Dark Souls creator Hidetaka Miyazaka and Game of Thrones writer George RR Martin.

In FromSoftware’s biggest game to date, Elden Ring evolves into an open world filled with lore and rich bloody history, featuring stunning designs of monsters, magic, and horses.

THE ELDER SCROLLS 6​

The Elder Scrolls 6
The Elder Scrolls 6
Platform: TBC

Release date: TBC

After years of prejudice, partying, and an absurd number of Skyrim reboots, Bethesda finally confirmed at E3 2018 that The Elder Scrolls 6 is officially on its way, even releasing a short but compelling teaser trailer to prove it.

The trailer doesn’t reveal much, but hints at various possible locations for the long-awaited sequel, from the long-forgotten High Rock to the lost island of Yokuda.

Unfortunately, this RPG is likely to stay in production for a long time. But more promising adventurers won’t be completely outraged to expect The Elder Scrolls 6 to be released before the end of the decade. Fingers crossed.

SPIDER-MAN 2​

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 2
Platform: PS5

Release date: TBC 2023

Insomniac is cooking up more Spider-Man stuff, and this time Peter Parker and Miley Morales will team up to take on someone as suspicious-sounding as Kraven the Hunter in Spider-Man 2.

We’ve also seen Venom – annoyed in the last game – see the trailer, but whether it will be friend or foe remains to be seen.

The trailer gave us everything you could want from a new Spider-Man game, acrobatic combat, underwear and spandex costumes, but now it’s twice as much fun.

Look back on this year with our pick of the best free multiplayer games on Steam of 2021.

I am waiting for the release of Elden Ring. I am interested in this game because it is from George RR Martin of Game of Thrones fame. GOT is my best TV series. I played Dying Light, but I am not interested in Dying Light 2. I think God of War: Ragnarok would be a really interesting game.

Two Point Campus

Platform: Console & PC
Release Date: May 2022

My friends are still waiting for the release of "The Quarry". It's a Co-op horror interaction that can accommodate up to 7 players.

You'll be able to see how your friends decide and face the consequences of their chosen decisions. We're excited to play this and have an amazing party horror experience game!

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back