BBC: The 50 sport video games that made us

Ana

Trophies
50 sport video games that shaped our lives
From Pong to Pro Evo, Fifa to Fight Night, Mario Kart to Madden. Every game means something to someone.
The line between the real and virtual world is now almost indistinguishable, but back when (some) BBC Sport reporters were getting their first pixilated thrills it came on gaming systems that might today be considered antiques.
Now, with the majority of sport on hold because of the global coronavirus pandemic, many people are using those virtual platforms to get their fix.
So - in the name of research, of course - we fired up some vintage consoles and dusted off our old controllers to bring you the 50 sport video games that have shaped our lives, including some newer releases that pick up the torch.
This is not a definitive list of the greatest games with the crispest graphics or slickest simulations, but rather those, we feel, that broke new ground or set the benchmark for others that followed.
The titles, spread across numerous eras and a range of sports, are listed in alphabetical order and we have dug out a clip to give you a taste of what each is like.
We have also enlisted the help of some of the masterminds behind the magic, the recognisable voices and ground-breaking developers to tell you about the titles and reveal their all-time favourite games.
We apologise in advance for making you load up that save you swore you'd never touch again...

This is an old post but I was still interested in checking the list of video games. I clicked the link but the page did not show the list of games. I think moderator should check posts like this one and remove if the information is not updated or the link is dead.

This is an old post but I was still interested in checking the list of video games. I clicked the link but the page did not show the list of games. I think moderator should check posts like this one and remove if the information is not updated or the link is dead.
The link works fine and you can see the list of video games.

Besides consoles, free flash games can be pretty fun too. I've played snooker online and been thrashed by the AI player. But I don't mind, as it's more of a challenge for you when you must get better at how you perform.

?

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a great sports game! Had some fun times playing with friends and family.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back