Astro’s Playroom sequel might be in the works by Team Asobi

astro's-playroom-sequel.jpg

Astro’s Playroom sequel might be in the works by developer Team Asobi, Sony Japan studio head Nicolas Doucet has confirmed.

Doucet told EDGE Magazine:
If the character [of Astro] has popularity, and if it proves that people are really having fun, [an extension or sequel] could be one avenue to follow.

Doucet admitted the pack-in PS5 title was a showcase for its new DualSense controller.

He continued:
But at the same time, in Team Asobi we’re always trying to come up with ideas from technology, and so there are lots of things we want to try and do around the controller.

He continued to say that rather than another Astro title, Team Asobi might try an entirely different style of title for their next project.

He said:
As we make these prototypes, if one of them turns out to be a game idea in its own right, it could end up being a new direction that we take and we’ll run with it. So it could be one or the other, but at this moment in time I don’t really know.

While Doucet’s focused on the DualSense, the title has been praised for the way in which it embraces PlayStation’s history. As such, would you like to see more of Astro’s Playroom?

Astro’s Playroom is available now on PS5.

It was a great game and a great way to show off everything that the DualSense could do. Would love to play a sequel.

Heard great things about the first one. Can’t wait to try it once I get a PS5.

Ya when I first booted it up, I just did it to try out the haptic feedback in the controller. I got pretty hooked pretty quick and started powering through it. The game is definitely a fun go round and is more than a glorified demo
Now to just find me a PS5 lol. Can’t wait to try it.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back